Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ahk2578 said:
Hi Fellas
I need a little advice....Do you have to use Sams exe with this new version of CGP??? or can I use it alone ?? I have never used a patch before ... :help
U can use it anyway mate, better ue it with new exe as it is hard to bat with it, and happy to inform to boss buddy this my 55th post in this thread

Last edited:
Excellent work!

Boss you guys are great. I have tried your patch with Sam's exe, and i am really enjoying play C2004 now :happy

Can anybody tell me the way I could fix cursor problem in Sam's exe? As you all know cursor shows up very late if you play with Sam's exe. Help me guys coz i wanna play using both Boss's n Sam's stuff.

Thanx

smqadeer said:
Can anybody tell me the way I could fix cursor problem in Sam's exe? As you all know cursor shows up very late if you play with Sam's exe. Help me guys coz i wanna play using both Boss's n Sam's stuff.

Thanx
Mate Sam hasnt released a new cursor patch for his latest exe so please wait

Reply: 12.4.2005 8.55 p.m. IST

Boss.. the straight drive in normal mode is too powerful... very easy to get boundaries.on the other hand the leg glance is dangerous to play if you stand outside off stump as very often the ball tends to go on to hit the stumps as it goes too fine..

So far on normal batting has been easy.. but will have to see how I do with the spinners since they have always been harder to play with c2004. If this is too easy I may move up to hard level.
by ashwinkm

thank u ashwin for u'r comm!, As i made the HardMode little too hard, so leave the Normal Mode for a breather!, thus the few easy shots to play!, any how as far as leg glance concern, i deliberately made that the shot from off/out side off tend to go too fine where as if u play it around middle/leg the shot normally goes in regular directions. What ever the mode, the spinners are little difficult to score as they now bowl with more variation in flight now!.

Nice patch, good work...

Only a few problems i had, I always edge to my stumps but the ball goes really slowly towards the stumps after hitting the bat and another thing whenever i play the cover drive about every 2or3/5 times it doesnt go anywhere.

But anyway the new camera angles were simply awesome and same with the swing and seam.
by Kerry_OKeeffe

Hi kerry!, The ball after edging generally rolls slowly to the stumps as it in real life. As i change the power area vastly u may see different results in future. The cover drive can be perfectly timed only from the leg/tad out side leg stump. Thank u for u'r comm on camera angles!

played 4-5 games 50 over exhibition matches between pak and indian(normal mode with sam exe) here are few things which i noticed that need to be imprved( this is not to say that ur patch is not good, I think that it is understood that ur patch is one of the better ones out there, just focusiing on the -ve aspects to push u towards further improvement . in case u need any more motiviation )

Batting :-

1) shot off the legs, (right + forward) needs to be made more powerful and easier to time.

2) backward drive (left + foward) needs to made a bit easier hit.

3) the on side push (right + down + back) needs to be made a bit powerful.

Bowling : -
great improvment here, excellent

Pacing : -
needs to be tweaked u can easily bog down the cpu by bowling good length delieveries over after over.( even at the death over)

Hope this mini critiqe helps in making the patch even more better.
by cricketfan

thank u mate for motivating me! :hpraise, once u sets in the crease say half/or 3/4 times confidence meter full, then u can see the good power on those shots u mention. Initially the batsmen need to spend some time to get going!, i too know that the bowling is improved from previous versions. About the pacing, i do my best, still amusing to see ppl have different results, let us see what to do in future?

hey i started using CGPv3 yesterday..that's great..u know what..infact i was useing CGP beta before this..

and i'm exsitied to hear that u gonna update stats..that's great if u can do that.cos i real want's look back at every players performance..i do that manually by a excell sheet thanx...keep going..

let us have that new verion as quick as posible....
by charithnirmal

Hi nirmal!, thank u for the app!, ya! i need some time to update the stats u know, very tiresome work!, soon try to release it...

Ok I tried your standard patch instead of the challenge mode. Bowled 10 overs (didn't get a wicket) but the cpu only scored 14runs, a few people have said it here i notice, that its very easy to bog the cpu down when you bowl well. The front foot drive is used way to much by the cpu, even balls pitching on middle and leg the cpu moves accross to play the front foot drive. They score nothing off this drive as well, as it never breaks the field, or goes straight to a fielder.
by groobz

Thats so strange mate!, atleast never happened to me!, in 50 overs odi, generally they post around 45-70 in first 10 overs!, u may be a too good bowler for CPU!, Once the batsmen sets in they can break any field by their strokes(any!), not only st.drives. You may check that with the configs too!,(what i did put there?). I too notice that the CPU tends to play more st.drives!, will fix it soon!

Can any one tell me where to find new sams .exe file pls...
i have the first one. can any boady help me
by charithnirmal

by The Champ

Thanx Pal....
by charithnirmal

Thank u champ for helping nirmal!, u are too good on reducing my work!

Well I agree with you when you say some batsman, what I must tell you that I got ALL 10 BATSMEN BOWLED. Yeah thats what I did. I found that if you bowl a yourker on the middle and leg stump line, you almost always get a wicket in a test match. Also I agree that CPU cant just go and attack everything, that wouldn't look realistic by any means. And yeah, I will try IRCUv3 this time arround and will then give another detalied review. Till then, Cheers mate. I would again like to appreciate your cool work on a cool patch and naming it cool as well . Bye
by Anil Dharani

What i can say abt that anil?, all the 10 batsmen bowled out to yorker!, never happened to me with CGPv3!, (but possible with cgpv3-beta!), check that out!. with cgpv3, it is very hard to get them by yorker!(but not impossible!), but for tailenders, yes!, there is a real chance!. I think as most of you are good bowlers, i need to make more difficult to bowl in future!, what to do u say?, any ways thank u for u'r comm and app!, looking forward to u'r detailed rev soon.

Hi Fellas
I need a little advice....Do you have to use Sams exe with this new version of CGP??? or can I use it alone ?? I have never used a patch before
by ahk2578

U can use it anyway mate, better ue it with new exe as it is hard to bat with it, and happy to inform to boss buddy this my 55th post in this thread
by The Champ

It is recommended to play with Sam's exe {along with my patch!}, once u r confident in u'r batting in-game!, other wise try out with regular no-run out exe. As there is quite a few enhancements/fixes there with sam's exe, u may try it with Normal Mode!. Again Thanks goes to Buddy to answer behalf of me!, and it is very cool to see that Champ buddy acheived 55 posts in this thread alone!, Great Work!, u'r always helping me u know!, such a great buddy!

Boss you guys are great. I have tried your patch with Sam's exe, and i am really enjoying play C2004 now

Thanx
by smqadeer

Mate Sam hasnt released a new cursor patch for his latest exe so please wait
by The Champ

Thank u mate for u'r app!, i don't think there is no cursor patch from sam now as champ pointed out, may be corrected in full exe i hope!

Few Feedbacks i noticed:

1. PACING - in Test/ODIs need to be corrected.

2. Few Shots need to be made easy!

3. Too many Bowled or LBWs!

I still keen to know, is any bugs left to blast?

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
i finished playing one innings and ended up with 356 as ind vs pak on a normal pitch .. sachin scored a superb 153 off 156 balls...I was down to 21/3 when two attempted leg glances hit the stumps and sehwag was run out.. dravid and sachin put on 211 runs for the 4 wicket ... dravid scored 95 off 98 balls..
Fav shots were.. sachin hitting razzaq for a 6 over point like the 2003 world cup (that has been very difficult for me in the past).. a straight drive 6 off the same bowler by sachin and yuvraj hooking sami for a 6..
I started bowling (on hard mode.. since my bowling is very good) and have pakistan at 150/7 .. they are going at a decent run rate but thats because there were too many edges going to the boundary.. I had them at 10/4 when the top order all fell to edges to the keeper/slips....
I felt that on a normal pitch ....there were way too many edges...
There is a noticeable difference between each player as razzaq and afridi tried to clobber me while inzy played more shots on the ground... Razzaq swept harbhajan for a 6 and 3 consecutive 4s but then was out lbw to a sweep shot to yuvraj
the batsmen are still very easy to get out with spinners when you pitch the ball full length around middle and leg as they tend to sweep and get out...Having said that...they swept me for more than 12-boundaries before the ploy worked!!!

On normal level once a batsman like sachin or dravid is set ,...the runs are very easy to get and even slogging for 6s is possible... will try hard level next

bowled pakistan for 225 but they put up a decent chase at a good run rate around 6.5 ... for most part they were actually scoring faster than india but had lost too many wickets. will probably try another match on normal on a bowler friendly pitch to see how much the cpu and I can score

Boss, great patch. I think the ODI pacing is good, but the test needs to be increased.
I disagree with Ashwinkm, about the straight drive. I believe that the straight drive is fine and has the right pace. Field placing is very important here and you have already taken care of that with your new feild placements.
As Ashwinkm said, the leg glance is dangerous outside of off stump. This is true, but I would not adjust this as it adds some thinking to the game, before you play this shot.
I was playing in the hard mode.

On hard mode i had England 5/20odd with 4 of the wickets caught in the slips, i think the probability of edges needs to be decreased.

yeh man everytime i play a shot the edge comes. it's like every 10 shots 8 edges thats no good. bro fix this problem.

:cool: Hello boss. How are you man? I haven't check this thread for awhile. I think I missed a lots of stuff; Did I? I heard people saying good things about your latest patch cgpv3. That's a great work from you boss as usual. I'm going to download and use it. :clap Great work boss!!!

Last edited:
Hey Boss! Just wanyed to know if there is anyway to make the slip fielder stop the ball instead of running after it when it is played towords them. When there is an edge and it goes towords the slip fielders, they try and catch it or stop it. But when a shot is played towrds them, it just goes through them? I think it can be corrected by editing the exe but still wanted to know if there is anyway of correcting it through AI patches?

Reply: 13.4.2005 10.30. p.m. IST

i finished playing one innings and ended up with 356 as ind vs pak on a normal pitch .. sachin scored a superb 153 off 156 balls...I was down to 21/3 when two attempted leg glances hit the stumps and sehwag was run out.. dravid and sachin put on 211 runs for the 4 wicket ... dravid scored 95 off 98 balls..
Fav shots were.. sachin hitting razzaq for a 6 over point like the 2003 world cup (that has been very difficult for me in the past).. a straight drive 6 off the same bowler by sachin and yuvraj hooking sami for a 6..
I started bowling (on hard mode.. since my bowling is very good) and have pakistan at 150/7 .. they are going at a decent run rate but thats because there were too many edges going to the boundary.. I had them at 10/4 when the top order all fell to edges to the keeper/slips....
I felt that on a normal pitch ....there were way too many edges...
There is a noticeable difference between each player as razzaq and afridi tried to clobber me while inzy played more shots on the ground... Razzaq swept harbhajan for a 6 and 3 consecutive 4s but then was out lbw to a sweep shot to yuvraj
the batsmen are still very easy to get out with spinners when you pitch the ball full length around middle and leg as they tend to sweep and get out...Having said that...they swept me for more than 12-boundaries before the ploy worked!!!

On normal level once a batsman like sachin or dravid is set ,...the runs are very easy to get and even slogging for 6s is possible... will try hard level next

bowled pakistan for 225 but they put up a decent chase at a good run rate around 6.5 ... for most part they were actually scoring faster than india but had lost too many wickets. will probably try another match on normal on a bowler friendly pitch to see how much the cpu and I can score
by ashwinkm

Thank u for u'r detailed rev ashwin!, Yes!, i'll try to fix the edges in Normal pitches soon!, As u pointed out, IRCU doing wonders to the game. The player char are realistically edited, thus the result. Hope u all enjoy the IRCU. Yes!, their aggression against the spinners is more than previous one!, expect more of u'r rev!

great patch boss
by riyaz

Thank u riyaz for u'r app!

Boss, great patch. I think the ODI pacing is good, but the test needs to be increased.
I disagree with Ashwinkm, about the straight drive. I believe that the straight drive is fine and has the right pace. Field placing is very important here and you have already taken care of that with your new feild placements.
As Ashwinkm said, the leg glance is dangerous outside of off stump. This is true, but I would not adjust this as it adds some thinking to the game, before you play this shot.
I was playing in the hard mode.
by Ashnal

Hi Ashnal!, thank u for the comm and app!, Yes!, soon i'll fix the test match pacing prob!(particularly). Yes!, as u pointed out the straight drive has no prob!, once u properly timed it, u get more out of it and i made the leg-glance delibarately so when played out side off, as in real life, there is a chance or two!

On hard mode i had England 5/20odd with 4 of the wickets caught in the slips, i think the probability of edges needs to be decreased.
by Kerry_OKeeffe

Hi Kerry!, thank u for u'r comm!, can u tell me on which pitch type u were playing?, coz u tend to get more edges in normal/green pitches. Any ways i'll try to reduce the edges in normal mode.

yeh man everytime i play a shot the edge comes. it's like every 10 shots 8 edges thats no good. bro fix this problem.
by Alizar

Hi Alizar!, i don't think its always possible to get edges on all pitch type!, u rarely get the edges in dusty and hard pitch!,where as in green and normal pitch tends to give u more edges, but that is also till the batsman new at the crease, once he set, the prob of edges are minimum. Any ways i can't expect 8/10 edges!, really thinking...

Hello boss. How are you man? I haven't check this thread for awhile. I think I missed a lots of stuff; Did I? I heard people saying good things about your latest patch cgpv3. That's a great work from you boss as usual. I'm going to download and use it. Great work boss!!!
by preet

Hi preet, am fine and hope the same from u'r side!,Thank u very much for u'r app!, nice to hear from u again!, cgpv3 is easily my top patch!, so u may enjoy it is well!, expecting u'r rev mate eagerly.

Hey Boss! Just wanyed to know if there is anyway to make the slip fielder stop the ball instead of running after it when it is played towords them. When there is an edge and it goes towords the slip fielders, they try and catch it or stop it. But when a shot is played towrds them, it just goes through them? I think it can be corrected by editing the exe but still wanted to know if there is anyway of correcting it through AI patches?
by Anil Dharani

Hi anil!, Though we can change the player's fielding type into "slips/General/Close-in, Out fielder", they have their limited specifications!, for ex: slip fielder stay still and looking for the catch, close-in attacks the ball and try to take the catch/make a run-out!, Currently i don't have any idea of how to change it!, any ideas?

Cheers

Boss

Boss I have tried your patch in medium level and everything is going fine but I found advance down shot a bit difficult even against spinners and mostly shot goes nowhere .Can you tweak it such way if not proper timed it went higher rather than staying at the pitch?Good work though.

Ok.I did not read that post and straightly read Tutsi last one.

boss said:
Hi anil!, Though we can change the player's fielding type into "slips/General/Close-in, Out fielder", they have their limited specifications!, for ex: slip fielder stay still and looking for the catch, close-in attacks the ball and try to take the catch/make a run-out!, Currently i don't have any idea of how to change it!, any ideas?

Cheers

Boss

I thought it could be done by editing the exe. Dont think it can be done by AI. It really ****es me off when ball just goes through the player and doesn't even react to it. I hope they correct it in C2k5. Even if you play a lofted shotat the slips. it'll let it go. So if you're playing a late cut and it goes in the air of the bat(not of the edge). Then the fielders will let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread