Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Replies on 16.4.2005, 9.10. p.m. IST

i think the patch is great mate! after barmyarmy has made his county roster why don't you try and add characteristics try and to it?
by Nic

Thank u for u'r app mate!, Ya!, thats a good idea nik!, any how it will be a time hungry process u know!, barely i update one team for nearly 2 hrs. There are lot of county teams there!, may be try to update the major ones, once colin will make it!.

Good point buddy u can think of it icru was very nice
by The Champ

Thank u buddy for u'r app!, any way i will try my level best to update the IRCU for the county teams(i.e.CRCU)is well!(u know i've very little knowledge abt the county teams!), before that i need to modify the minnow INTL teams(like Kenya, Holland...), isn't it?.

Btw Thank u buddy to suggest my signature for the nomination!,

yes the IRCU was excellent, now we can have it with updated county teams as well hopefully!!
by Nik

Thank u mate!, IRCU really improving the game, no doubt in it!, I am also thinking in the same wave length as u'rs!, let us see what will happen with updated CRCU?.

Congrats you have been selected as a nominee for Member of the Month of Planet Times along with The Champ

For best AI patch? That's a different case, i was talking about Member of the Month
by Voldemort

Ya!, mistaken at the first site!, but thank u very much mate for selecting both champ and my self as nominees for "Member of the Month". I dedicate all the honours i get to all of our members/mods/admin!.

For the IRCU to be updated for the county teams, boss needs help from others too. I dont think we should expect boss to know the characteristics of each and every county player. He can do it for the Indian domestic players but people of other respective countries should help him in their respective country's county teams.
By Saisrini80

Hi sai!, u put the spot light on me!, u are absolutley correct!, i have little knowledge abt the county players/teams and how they play!, as sai said if members helping me accordingly, i won't have a prob in updating the CRCU!

boss I tried your patch, it's awesome mate....
by preet

Thank u very much preet for app!, its been a while to see u but nice to see u'r return!, hope u enjoy the game with CGPv3!, looking forward to u'r comm/fb/rev!

Who has been nominated?!
by nik

Hi nik!, am nominated in 2 categories: (1). best AI patch (2). Best Signature, and also nominated for MOM in planet times!. credits goes to all of you!, as i said it dozen times before, with out your support i didn't make this far!, no doubt friends!

you can find out who's nominated

Boss mate your new patch is just great
by borncricketer

Thank u mate for the app abt patch!.

Cheers

Boss

By the way Boss i just today tested ur IRCU buddy it is indeed awesome mate, i played a odi against AUs and got smashed away by both Gilly and hayden, really my confidence down before the Digicel odi series in my thread

By the way Boss i just today tested ur IRCU buddy it is indeed awesome mate, i played a odi against AUs and got smashed away by both Gilly and hayden, really my confidence down before the Digicel odi series in my thread
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, Thank u for the app to IRCU!, Ya!, thats the great addition to the game i hope!, aggressive batsmen really belts the ball around the park as u pointed out!, hope u enjoyed it!, your digicel ODI series will be going to be one cracker of the contest!, no doubt buddy!

i tried another match ind vs pak but on a dusty pitch... noticed a few interesting things... was initially finding it very difficult to time the ball .. sachin was out 9/27 balls and sehwag 27/48 balls. the leg glance in particular was just not coming off. the straight drive was going straight to the fielders unlike on a normal pitch where it was piercing the field.. my run rate dipped less than 4 and the boundaries were hard to come across.. once sachin and sehwag were both run out , in came dhoni.. at this point the cpu made an interesting change., it brought afridi in before 8 overs were bowled (which is quite rare) but persisted with sami who was bowling very well. right now sami has finished his quota for 35 runs and 1 wicket .. dhoni came in and has been playing well as a lot of the paddle sweeps off afridi have gone to the boundary.. the leg glance is now starting to work as is the straight drive. i am now 107 /3 of 21 overs which is a decent score .. not too easy but not too hard...

hi i used ircu it didnot work
i started a tourney saved in aslot
then extracted urs roster
then with line 411 i imported both teams
one is user whether i have to import teams starting of every match even if it is imported before

kadabakar said:
one is user whether i have to import teams starting of every match even if it is imported before
after extracting the roster and then import all teams in lst file and then start any fresh series

boss just started using your version 3. so much better mate. honestly a great job. version 2 was good but it has nothing on version 3. just 1 problem. during the game i noticed a couple of times that a white box came up instead of the emblem. any reason why that is. do i need to download the team images individual because i would just rather keep the emblem. images below:

boss is there any way of getting your new patch into an allready saved game file. i want to continue the story thread but i want to use your version 3 to do it. and the ircu aswell

Waugh buddy just install the boss version 3 patch , before that install the original ai file, the saved game will automatically play with updated ai.

as for as ircu i cant tell whether it can update or not. try it with Prakash latest lineup editor 4.11

Replies on 17.4.2005 9.35 p.m. IST

i tried another match ind vs pak but on a dusty pitch... noticed a few interesting things... was initially finding it very difficult to time the ball .. sachin was out 9/27 balls and sehwag 27/48 balls. the leg glance in particular was just not coming off. the straight drive was going straight to the fielders unlike on a normal pitch where it was piercing the field.. my run rate dipped less than 4 and the boundaries were hard to come across.. once sachin and sehwag were both run out , in came dhoni.. at this point the cpu made an interesting change., it brought afridi in before 8 overs were bowled (which is quite rare) but persisted with sami who was bowling very well. right now sami has finished his quota for 35 runs and 1 wicket .. dhoni came in and has been playing well as a lot of the paddle sweeps off afridi have gone to the boundary.. the leg glance is now starting to work as is the straight drive. i am now 107 /3 of 21 overs which is a decent score .. not too easy but not too hard...
by ashwinkm

Thank u Ashwin for u'r good rev!, Ya!, this is the point i like to improve from previous patches. Once you/CPU settled, they are getting more power on the shots than the initial stage!, u are absolutely right mate!.

Boss buddy will be happy for that rev mate good work
by The Champ

Ofcourse!, am very pleased abt this, buddy!

Boss you keep on amusing us with your great patches IS there v4 of your patch and is whats plan next?
by indiancricketer

Thank u very much mate for u'r app!, Ya!, will try to release CGPv4 as soon as possible!, i'm now working on Test match Pacing probs as well as Edges probs!, and now it is working well than i imagine!., looking forward to u'r support till then!

by kadabakar

after extracting the roster and then import all teams in lst file and then start any fresh series
by The Champ

Hi mate!, Yes!, As champ buddy pointed out, u have to import the roster list every time u begin a match/tourney other than exhibition matches!, the IRCU works well if u follow the procedure correctly!, for u'r reminder the steps as follows!

BEFORE INSTALLING "IRCUv3", JUST BACKUP YOUR "roster.pak". IT WILL HELP YOU IN A CRISIS!.

A).Copy the Contents of the folder "IRCUv3" into ":\My Documents\EA SPORTS\Cricket
2004\user-xxx", (where xxx - is your user name in-game).(As it ask to overwrite the existing
"roster.pak", do so.)

B).After you begin a tourney just save it on any available slot!, then by using "prakash-line up
editor latest version", import your teams with "Roster-import" option. Say for example if you are
playing "IND v PAK" game, just import "India.lst" and "Pakistan.lst" using "line up editor-import
roster" option.(Make sure you select the corresponding teams before importing the roster list,
otherwise the game may crash!, for example before importing India.lst", you have to select "Team"
India"). Thats it!, Now you can enjoy your game with out any hassle.

C).If you don't import the roster list after beginning a tourney it won't work!. It will only
select a player from in-game(default) line-up. So that the characteristics tweak won't work!. But
for the exhibition matches you won't have to import the roster list. It will automatically plays
with the edited line-up where as for other tourney formats follow the step no:B.

now the IRCU must work!, Hope this will help!

boss just started using your version 3. so much better mate. honestly a great job. version 2 was good but it has nothing on version 3. just 1 problem. during the game i noticed a couple of times that a white box came up instead of the emblem. any reason why that is. do i need to download the team images individual because i would just rather keep the emblem. images below:
by Mwaugh

Hi Mwaugh!, nice to see u again!, I think this is not related to my patch mate!, it must be due to the installation of the tv over-lay!, u may re-install the tv overlay and will work fine!, as this is in most of the cases, after installing the tv patch with GI v2, u have to install the image files into :\Data\Bats folder seperately, but this is not a prob in GIv3 as it automatically uploads the images correctly!, hope this will help!

boss is there any way of getting your new patch into an allready saved game file. i want to continue the story thread but i want to use your version 3 to do it. and the ircu aswell
by Mwaugh

Mate!, u may use the patch for the saved game file, it immediately take the effects after wards, but for the IRCU matters, the drawback with this is, it works!, but the line-ups u already played may be changed and they play differently, but this is not in case if u start the new series for the story thread!, Hope this will help!, good luck for u'r story thread mate!, u are also doing good job with it!

Waugh buddy just install the boss version 3 patch , before that install the original ai file, the saved game will automatically play with updated ai.

as for as ircu i cant tell whether it can update or not. try it with Prakash latest lineup editor 4.11
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, u r correct!, the AI patch works with out a prob, but for IRCU i recommend it for the fresh start of the tour only coz if u import the roster list with the saved game file, though it may work but the line-ups as well as the playing style may be changed!, so when ever u start a new series for the story thread don't hesitate to use IRCU (even with other's patch!), it will do good to the game!

CGPv4 update:

Friends!, as i am working on a new tech for Test Matches Pacing in CGPv4, it really starts to work well now!, even the edges prob seems to be vanished!, currently playing an off-seasonal IND(v)PAK Test match!, India scored 284/a.o,(in 85 odd overs!) and pakistan really played well so far and were 240/4 after 73 overs!, youhana standing on 63*, asim kamal in the crease and looking solid!.(before that inzi as usual made 85 but out, and bhajji took 3 wickets so far!), match is nicely poised now, will tell u more tomorrow!

Cheers

Boss

Users who are viewing this thread