Bowling and Wicket-taking

Action22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey all,

Anybody notice taking wickets is really hard? Like really hard. I have been bowling maidens often and not conceding over 2 3 runs an over with attacking field settings. The earlier DBC games had a gap! You could stack all the fielders in the off side and keep bowling just inside the wide line. Every few overs there would be a catch or run out opportunity.

Why would I be resorting to a trick? it moves the game along, sometimes the partnership is too good and the bowlers are helpless. Batting is made easier with new angular shots which the AI takes full use of, but the bowling despite being very fluid, does not produce as many catches or wickets. Even with variety and field setting to the length which Im bowling.

Early in the innings Ive noticed a chance to get them bowled or run out at the non strikers end through a delayed call but besides these, I havent had 1 nick off yet. I even experimented with the gameplay sliders. Made 0 difference, Cook was player Starc darts upto 215km/h with ease!

Has anyone been able to crack the attack?

Hey all,

Anybody notice taking wickets is really hard? Like really hard. I have been bowling maidens often and not conceding over 2 3 runs an over with attacking field settings. The earlier DBC games had a gap! You could stack all the fielders in the off side and keep bowling just inside the wide line. Every few overs there would be a catch or run out opportunity.

Why would I be resorting to a trick? it moves the game along, sometimes the partnership is too good and the bowlers are helpless. Batting is made easier with new angular shots which the AI takes full use of, but the bowling despite being very fluid, does not produce as many catches or wickets. Even with variety and field setting to the length which Im bowling.

Early in the innings Ive noticed a chance to get them bowled or run out at the non strikers end through a delayed call but besides these, I havent had 1 nick off yet. I even experimented with the gameplay sliders. Made 0 difference, Cook was player Starc darts upto 215km/h with ease!

Has anyone been able to crack the attack?
Next patch addresses this according to beta testers....

Hey all,

Anybody notice taking wickets is really hard?
No not really, if you set good fields, bowl good lines and lengths, mix it up with special deliveries etc.

Loads of edges ive had to the keeper, slips and gully.

I play on Veteran and the Aussies are yet to get more than 300 against me with a best of 289 all out.

Its not arcade cricket where theres got to be a wicket every 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread