Bowling: Final Post!

vinnycast27

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ello lads n lass's, i got cricket 2004 2 days ago and ive played it solid for 2 days! Ive read all the posts on how 2 bowl and i still cant get wickets. I bOWL the perfect line and length regually n hit the sweet spot all the time. However, the batsman always hits it from outside off to the leg side which really pisses me off. I have got the odd edge but this is only when im say Aust and im facing canada. I only get people out via run outs and my fielding is on AUTO lol i get so frustrated with the bowling that i AUTOPLAY It every time ooz its sooo frustratin and unrealistic. Can ne1 tell me a good way to get wickets, what eva it takes even if sum sort of cheat is required, currently im only enjoyin the battin side of this game but i want to bowl!!!!!

plz help

l8s :(

You need to get some gameplay patches installed to get a realistic amount of edges and wickets in the game. You can download them from the downloads section on the main page of the site.

And you need to get some practice too I guess but if you say u r bowling a good line and length, then I think the gameplay patch will definitely give u wickets. Try to keep a good field setting as well. A couple of slips early on will help definitely.

Mack

ok thanks alot m8, il get them patches. However, 2day i played on a green wicket 2day and got the ball to swing sh*t loads and i got sri lanka out for 120 and 97 so i just think i was bowling on non responsive wickets or sumthin

Yeah responsive wickets help a lot. On a green top, you might get the opposition out for less than a 100 quite often ... depending on the opposition and your team though.

What about us poor people with the PS2 version we cant get patches and getting people out is a nightmare. Edges now and again or caught, my only real complaint about the game is the lack of people you bowl out with quick bowlers, it means bringing on spin bowlers early to get wickets, this is really unrealistic, so if anyone is bowling people out with quick bowlers on the PS2 version let me know how, I get the odd one bowling a slower ball, but that annoys me, i want to see wickets with a pace bowler bowling quick. Oh and dont go on about practice and nets cause i have done that for a week now and still no joy. Any help guys?

tell u truly ..well pitch it just shorter to good length out side off stump and you`ll make the batsmen to hit a backfoot push through the covers and it`ll go up and he`ll get out..you`ll need to have 3 to 4 fielders in the cover region..also keep 2nd and 3rd slip..i`ve found many wickets through it..and also try few yorkers in b/w with variation of pace..it work well for me..bye

variation of pace really helps sometimes.

I've had no problems with getting wickets. Sometimes you just gotta hit the power bar in a different spot. Hitting the sweetspot might make the ball go a lot faster but just like in real life if you do it consistantly the batsman will get used to it and just smash you all around the ground (not that the CPU does that). Change the pace and persist with it, the edges will come.

one other thing which works very well for me, when you are moving the meter to get swing with say a fast bowler. well bowling say an off cuter as the bowler is running up, move the dot to one side of the ball then as the meter is filling up move it to the other side, now press the button before it reaches the imit, and quickly move the dot back the other way just before the ball is released from the bowlers hand. This is a great way to induce edges, and obtain lbw's. Hope this makes sense B)

another bowl worked for me ...sower ball with full pace..means press (w) for slower ball and let the pace increase and aim at the middle and leg stump and also..move the dot..it will work 2 out of 6 bowls

Users who are viewing this thread