Does anybody bowl a whole test match?

GattbWarne4 said:
I had Ponting running amok in my last test; I noticed that if a quick, e.g. Harmison, bowled over the wicket to him, short at about 3/4 to 4/5 pace just outside off, he'd pull it in the air to the mid-on/mid-wicket area, perhaps a bit deeper. I think one of the standard fields has a fielder in this area, so I set the trap & an over or so later got him caught in that region.
Cheers for that tip, I'll remember that for the 2nd inns should he need to bat (Aus 1st inns currently 354/4 :eek:). He eventually got too cocky and tried to smash Collingwood back over his head for 6, but was caught at long on by Hoggy. Mind you, he had made 136 off 137 balls by then :D .

yea pointing is the Star in this Game hey made 190 in a test match against eng(me)
but i got him out trying to hook a short one

I always bowl the whole match, I dont want the computer to play for me cos thats not why I bought the game. Its so satisfying when you get a wicket. I had SA on 165/3 and was trying evereything to get wickets, then Giles bowled a lovely ball, rudolph advance to smash it, missed it and it smashed the stumps, same thing happened to prince a couple of overs later for 0, I still ened up having to wait till over 100 overs to bowl them out, phew. Chasing 323 now....

FishBowlMan said:
Will soon be trying with a larger cursor, or turning the cursor off entirely to try and increase the cpu's scoring rate.
How on earth do U bowl with the cursor off.?
U have no idea where the ball is going to land.

I think it should be made harder to put the cursor where
you want. It is a bit too easy for me a present.
Don't think it should appear lined up with the stumps.
Maybe off to one side, so U need to start from scratch
to get all lined up.

Yeah that would be a good idea!! Or maybe not allowing you to fix the cursor, only sticking after the time limit is over.

In Swinger said:
How on earth do U bowl with the cursor off.?
U have no idea where the ball is going to land.
When you bowl with the cursor visible, you find a spot where you want the ball to pitch, and move the cursor (e.g. up and left) to it. To bowl the next ball in the same spot, you make the same cursor movements. After a while, you can work out the approximate time you have spent pressing each key. Now make the cursor invisible, and try and replicate the timings from before. You know the cursor always begins in the same position, so you can work out all movements from there.

It does take a bit of practise, but you will soon get the hang of it. It has the advantage of not being totally accurate, meaning occasional bad balls for the cpu to go for. Much more realistic for test matches in my opinion.

In Swinger said:
I think it should be made harder to put the cursor where
you want. It is a bit too easy for me a present.
Don't think it should appear lined up with the stumps.
Maybe off to one side, so U need to start from scratch
to get all lined up.
ScobieB said:
Yeah that would be a good idea!! Or maybe not allowing you to fix the cursor, only sticking after the time limit is over.
Both excellent suggestions

I have it on X-Box and you cant save during a match. I normally bowl around 10 overs and auto play the rest although i dont know why because i barely take a wicket

I play on hard mode...bowl full innings and bat full innings..and manuel fielding

kelvinismyname said:
yea pointing is the Star in this Game hey made 190 in a test match against eng(me)
but i got him out trying to hook a short one
Pointing !! hehe...yes ponting is a brilliant batsman in cricket 2005 and in real life

FishBowlMan said:
When you bowl with the cursor visible, you find a spot where you want the ball to pitch, and move the cursor (e.g. up and left) to it. To bowl the next ball in the same spot, you make the same cursor movements. After a while, you can work out the approximate time you have spent pressing each key. Now make the cursor invisible, and try and replicate the timings from before. You know the cursor always begins in the same position, so you can work out all movements from there.

It does take a bit of practise, but you will soon get the hang of it. It has the advantage of not being totally accurate, meaning occasional bad balls for the cpu to go for. Much more realistic for test matches in my opinion.

Wow!!!....Your a clever man Fishbowl :hpraise
Thanks!

I will try that......might be just what I'm looking
for to make bowling interesting.

maybe one could practice with a visible cursor, and your
eyes closed for a while eh. :cool:
So you bowl like this all the time now do you?
Please fill us in on your progress :cheers

In Swinger said:
Wow!!!....Your a clever man Fishbowl :hpraise
Thanks!
I can't really take credit for this. It was suggested to me by johnsma2 here

In Swinger said:
So you bowl like this all the time now do you?
Please fill us in on your progress :cheers
Yeah. Especially in test matches, I find this more realistic.

Currently, I am playing as England against South Africa in a test match.Its day 3 on a normal pitch - i.e. flat as a pancake and not taking any spin. They are 65 / 0 after about 20 overs in their 2nd innings. The openers are playing really well. They are blocking good balls and are really punishing the wayward deliveries caused by me messing up the cursor placement. :mad

I must admit I am really enjoying this as I am really having to think about my bowling strategy and field placements. So far, one catch has been dropped at square leg and the batsmen are not giving any other chances. Makes a change from bowling a side out for 70 from 50 overs.

How goes your trials?

FishBowlMan said:
How goes your trials?

Great M8, :happy

It's the "only" way to go!
Much easier than I thought it would be.
15 minutes or so and it feels more natural
than with cursor.
The bowling has become one of feel, instead of
looking a a silly circle on the pitch.
Also there is added excitement, as one never
really know how the ball will come out of
the hand.

Trouble is, the AI is still too easy to bowl out in
ODI's(proper bowling), even with Tutsi's or Eddies
AI patch. They just get bogged down after loosing
a few wickets and its usually all over around 30 overs.
Hope the boys can fix this :(

Maybe I should turn to tests.
I think I am starting to pick up the vib that they
bat much better in the tests.......is this correct?
:cheers

Ok if your'e a hardcore test match person, then u got to be patient!!! On these hard and dry wickets u got to maintain a decent length and line with any type of bowler. Jus bowl it in the right areas, place a tactical field and jus hope for the best.....

In Swinger said:
Great M8, :happy

It's the "only" way to go!
Much easier than I thought it would be.
15 minutes or so and it feels more natural
than with cursor.
The bowling has become one of feel, instead of
looking a a silly circle on the pitch.
Also there is added excitement, as one never
really know how the ball will come out of
the hand.
Hmm, this bowling with no cursor sounds tempting...

i would love to get a bowled wicket before i get rid of the cursor :P (also comfirm u cant move in Medium once cursor is picked)

Users who are viewing this thread