Bowling Guide!

There's two separate things that seem to have been confused in that image - there's the angle of approach - which is the left stick prior to starting the delivery - hold it left or right when you hit A/B/Y to start to get closer or further from the stumps.

The visualisation there of the three positions on the crease are all decided at the point of starting your run, not at release.

The release angle is on the left stick, as you push up to do the release, pushing it slightly to the left or right controls the ball a bit more. With spinners you can be a bit more extreme with how much to the left or right you go, while with pace, you'll probably bowl a wide if you're not within a very small window.

Thought you bowled/released ball with right analogue stick!!!! (360). I'm totally confused now. :eek:

My apologies. I had my socks on the wrong way around too. My excuse is I was tired :D

lefty_socks.jpg

There's two separate things that seem to have been confused in that image - there's the angle of approach - which is the left stick prior to starting the delivery - hold it left or right when you hit A/B/Y to start to get closer or further from the stumps.

The visualisation there of the three positions on the crease are all decided at the point of starting your run, not at release.

The release angle is on the right stick, as you push up to do the release, pushing it slightly to the left or right controls the ball a bit more. With spinners you can be a bit more extreme with how much to the left or right you go, while with pace, you'll probably bowl a wide if you're not within a very small window.

I got it wrong about which stick to use, but I did already cover that the release angle is done when choosing the delivery

Isn't it the left analogue stick to choose the release angle when selecting delivery type....if it is RAS...then I've been wasting my time choosing release angle for past 3 months!!! (playing on 360 version).

Thought you bowled/released ball with right analogue stick!!!! (360). I'm totally confused now. :eek:

All fixed :D

So if I am a fast bowler, I see that a batsman is new, his weakness is front foot such as A Cook, I cant get him out straight up on the wickets. How is his weakness front foot then?

Next up, theres very few edges that fly off full length. I am yet to see a catch by the cover fielder, it either goes to point or falls short of mid off.

The most success rate Ive had and Ive seen this on mostly every occassion ive played, if there is a 100 run partnership while simulation, I stop and pick a spinner and instantly get a wicket. No field changes, no plans just pure luck

To add on about confidence, I see AI playing confident and risky strokes despite having no confidence in his meter. These are the only things to aid the bowler and are pretty futile

I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said all along and I really feel bowling mechanics must be fixed,a few other members were annoyed to by this constant illogical Lofty shots all over the place by the AI,and as Madman once stated it really feels like One is bowling casually just to see when the AI will react to it in our favour

With spinners, pushing the left analogue stick decides direction, and then left analogue stick pushed left/right + delivery length gives your approach on the crease.

So should I pick my delivery first, THEN the approach on crease? Or do I pick approach on crease first, and then the delivery, followed by rotating the left analogue stick?

With spinners, pushing the left analogue stick decides direction, and then left analogue stick pushed left/right + delivery length gives your approach on the crease.

So should I pick my delivery first, THEN the approach on crease? Or do I pick approach on crease first, and then the delivery, followed by rotating the left analogue stick?

No, that's not right. Read the guides here or even better do the tutorial. It makes it very obvious what needs to be done and when.

I did the tutorial. It said that move LAS to pick delivery and pick length with A/Y/B. It then said, when I pressed select and advanced guide, that moving the LAS left or right + length = angle of approach.

Lemme read the guide here again.

Okay yea this guide has ignored the part about approach to wicket with spinners.

AFAIK you cant set the approach angle with spinners, which would be why it isnt in the guide.

AFAIK you cant set the approach angle with spinners, which would be why it isnt in the guide.

Come on you are in the downloads forum and Ross has kindly told us the secret of changing approach angle with spinners

Wide on crease: spin RAS in same direction as LAS on approach
Nearer to umpire: spin RAS in opposite direction to LAS on approach

Members with access to downloads forum also know how to play cut and pull shots along the ground etc. These reasons alone surely enough reason to buy the PC version of the game?

Come on you are in the downloads forum and Ross has kindly told us the secret of changing approach angle with spinners

Members with access to downloads forum also know how to play cut and pull shots along the ground etc. These reasons alone surely enough reason to buy the PC version of the game?

7218823442_7fbc71f835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's it. I just checked the game match practice tutorial; it's only mentioned for seamers not for spinners.

:facepalm

And all this time I thought my cunning uses of the crease was helping me bowl well...

I'm almost tempted to buy the game on my bad PC just to see what goes on in there.

Users who are viewing this thread