Bowling Guide!

You sure it's not just the drift? Good spinners will get the ball to swing in the air in the opposite direction to the rotating ball.

No mate it is movement off the pitch. I've inverted the bowling and I am getting spin correctly but it is my drift that it is getting the skill point upgrades now and not leg break.

Now I am not sure what the controls are, what I believe is now the leg break delivery is still spinning in to a RHB. At least the drift deliveries spin away now.

Am I alone in experiencing issues with bowling at pace?

I seem to be able to hit the "meters" very nicely yet still often only get 75mph (or often less) out of my quick bowlers.

Am I missing something obvious or does it just come down to practice and timing?

No mate it is movement off the pitch. I've inverted the bowling and I am getting spin correctly but it is my drift that it is getting the skill point upgrades now and not leg break.

Now I am not sure what the controls are, what I believe is now the leg break delivery is still spinning in to a RHB. At least the drift deliveries spin away now.

I have experienced this too, early days for me mind

Spin bowling pro tips

Start spinning the left analogue stick at a slow pace a few short moments after the spin bowler has started walking. this way, you will complete the third rotation while his arm is straight at the top and push the right analogue stick forward right away. It doesn't matter if you are an off spinner or leg spinner, you have to follow this routine and perfect it if you want to become a good spinner in the game.

You will get amazing deliveries this way no matter which one you select.

Also, don't try to bowl a different delivery every over if you aren't good enough yet. Bowl a few leg breaks and then slip in a googly or do a similar variation and you will have the batsman in trouble.

Make sure you shine the ball even if you are a spinner. It provides some sort of help in the flight. If you want more drift/flight, move the right analogue stick slight right or left when you push it up to release the ball during delivery stride.

Try deliveries which are realistic. A sudden short and speedy top spinner or a full flighted delivery are as dangerous in the game as in real life. This is the beauty of the game!

P.S. I'm working on a video for bowling tips. Can't promise when it will be completed but will be on YouTube soon.

Last edited:
Any tips on bowling headhunters?
I can get them to hit arms and stomach at good length (bowled short), but short length always goes way over the batsman's head. I have only managed to get one so far.

No-one should have to be tolerant of reading the same post made in multiple places or multiple times.
Once is fine and if no-one is replying you can bump it a day later.

Just ignore it .... It's not that hard just scroll down to the next post =p

I don't know why it bothers some people so much and why they make such a big deal out of it and make it their problem ...

I've seen people posting the same questions heaps of times on different places in hope of getting an answer ... So what ??? whats the problem with that ????

If they were posting the same question on the SAME THREAD over and over or PERSONALLY MESSAGING people the same question over and over then it'd make sense for people to get irritated and not be tolerant .

But I'm not doing that, I'm asking the question on different THREADS hoping that someone that knows the answer to my question will read my post .

You gotta realize not everyone's going to go through and read every thread therefore posting it in few different places will increase the chances of getting the answer opposed to posting it at one place and hoping that the person that knows the answer will stumble across this thread and will answer the question ...

----------

I think its because he's seen other say the same thing. Some people aren't that tolerant on PC I'm afraid.

Yeah your right man ... But I don't really understand why they make it such a big problem when there's none to begin with .

You gotta realize not everyone's going to go through and read every thread therefore posting it in few different places will increase the chances of getting the answer opposed to posting it at one place and hoping that the person that knows the answer will stumble across this thread and will answer the question ...

Check the thread you posted in seems to the solution there. Posting questions multiple times just comes across as rude and self-entitled.

i hvnt bowled a traditional off spinner as yet.

this is what am doing with the RS - moving it from right to left.. i see the bowl drift in the air but away from the RHB... tips pls?

I am beginning to believe that some how leg spin and off spin bowling are performing to the opposite of how they are supposed to play

@BigAntStudios is this possible?

So I have a little bowling challenge for people to try...
In practice match mode on pro difficulty bowl one delivery with a fast bowler without looking at the meters till afterwards that is in both green zones and not a wide.
I'm been trying for 30 mins and not managed one yet...

In practice match mode on pro difficulty bowl one delivery with a fast bowler without looking at the meters till afterwards that is in both green zones and not a wide.

Colin come on, it's the batting that's hard remember :p

I spent all weekend doing this, and am about 60% there. What I find helps is watching the animation of the bowler. There is a section where he raises his bowling hand and usually as soon as you see this I press down on the right analogue stick and the second bit is much easier as when the bowlers arm is at its highest point you should push the right analogue stick up.

This is easier to do with medium pacers as just like in real life cricket I count the number of steps he takes before the stick should be pressed back and then the second bit of releasing the ball is easier in my opinion.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks. I'm finding the down press the hardest bit. Either early or no ball. Only getting it right about 1/10.

Yeah I know what you mean, it took ages for me to get it reasonably ok, and I'm still no where close to being consistent enough for me to play on veteran bowling. What I did find is that for some players the animations help a lot. I found bowling with Faulkner and Pattinson (Aus T20) the easiest to come to grips with. Mitchell Johnson's animation is a bloody nightmare as I'm constantly bowling no balls with him on veteran as he raises his bowling arm very late in the animation.

Don't see the point in using the bowling meters myself, it'll only hinder the learning process IMO.

Edit: doing a slight pause after each rotation of the L-stick when using a spinner will help with rhythm and timing. Don't rush it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread