Bowling Guide!

Has anyone noticed reverse swing or any interesting natural variation (without selecting a swing delivery type?).

I often get a bit of seam and late movement once the ball beats the bat. However last night I had a few reversing with Corey Anderson very early on in a 20/20. Gayle had hit 91 of 38 or something then Anderson got some reverse going in about the 12th over and caught him in front. I'd never seen swing without deliberately selecting it. Has this happened with anyone else?

So I have a little bowling challenge for people to try...
In practice match mode on pro difficulty bowl one delivery with a fast bowler without looking at the meters till afterwards that is in both green zones and not a wide.
I'm been trying for 30 mins and not managed one yet...
Did it third ball with a 'short length' ball, and middled both after seven balls. Didn't bowl any wides at any point.

Focus on the bowler's animation - it is much later than you think it should be - the bowler's shoulder will slightly go back when you need to pull down on the stick, and then you push up when their arm is in the air to release.

I found it easier to practice in a match situation - you bowl significantly slower when you stuff up the bowling timing - balls that maximise your pace usually mean you've hit both in the right range.

Also, the PS3 controller sucks.

Has anyone experienced this?

Has anyone experienced this? It happened a couple of times now.

I am a bowling allrounder as a finger spinner. During both test/one day I observed that when I was given bowl for first spell, the bowl used to drift/flight as per off spin. And when in second spell when I was handed the bowl, With same setting of bowling it used to flight/drift the other way, during whole session.
E.g. delivery LAS = North-West corner, RAS = North-West.

So in second spell all my deliveries were drifting on the other direction. I had to then bowl as if I'm a leg spinner.

Is this due to bowling condition of the match/pitch (is it that intelligent!).

I'm an bowling allrounder (offspin) I'm now into my second season and have been called up to the England test team! I'm now getting about 2000rpm on my offspiners, 1300rpm on my doosras. The RPM you can put on the ball increases with your skill points. I'd definitely agree the best way to take wickets is to throw in the surprise delivery once/twice an over rather than bowling all the variations each delivery.

Not sure if anyone else has found this, but when I bowl the doosra to right handers, it seems to still spin in towards the batsman or at best go straight on? Similarly, if I go round the wicket to bowl at left handers, my doosra spins in sharply but my offspinner goes straight on. I thought this might change once I could put more revs on the ball, but nothing so far.

I think the jump to pro from amateur is too drastic of a change? I like the dials. They're probably too big in amateur but too small in pro.

I am beginning to believe that some how leg spin and off spin bowling are performing to the opposite of how they are supposed to play

@BigAntStudios is this possible?

It doesnt do this. Im not sure what you are doing. Certainly inverting controls isnt going to help if you are playing on the same camera.

Did you ever do what I suggested and watch the spin of the ball with the interactive replay?

The ball spins and turns (albeit slightly) exactly where it should for each delivery.

Played another game online against a friend. All of my deliveries were exactly the same length even though I was trying to vary the length using the face buttons and my timing. I don't quite understand why this is occurring. It never happens in single player mode.

It doesnt do this. Im not sure what you are doing. Certainly inverting controls isnt going to help if you are playing on the same camera.

Did you ever do what I suggested and watch the spin of the ball with the interactive replay?

The ball spins and turns (albeit slightly) exactly where it should for each delivery.

I don't need to watch the interactive replay when the leg break is pitching on middle stump and missing leg stump which is what is happening at times. I am watching the ball spin in the opposite direction while my leg break skills are increasing.

The ball only spins correctly for a leg break delivery when I use the slow drift control (I believe that it was what it is called) and my drift skill increase.

I have even not put any spin on the ball and only pressing A button and the ball slightly spun in to the RHB.

As you can see there is a user 2 posts before yours experiencing similar problems with the off break deliveries. I am beginning to believe that off breaks and leg breaks are incorrect for each other.

Also, at the end of the over when there is the hawkeye for the 6 deliveries it all shows slight deviation in to the batsman.

Last edited:
I find the best way to bowl pace is pretty much exclusively at a full length, mixing up slow balls and faster balls and aiming at middle or middle and off. If you pack the field in relatively close and make sure you have boundary cover at deep mid wicket and deep extra cover they find it very hard to get runs away and wickets come quickly.

Make sure you have someone at mid off too.

Check the thread you posted in seems to the solution there. Posting questions multiple times just comes across as rude and self-entitled.

" Check the thread you posted in seems to the solution there "
Sorry Barmyarmy I have no idea what that even means ....

Rude ??? I'm not trying to be rude , I'm just looking for help / answer ... So a person asking for help at different places is what you consider as being rude ???

And self-entitled ???

dude wtf is wrong with you ???
so just because I asked the question more then once you think I'm trying to be important and I don't deserve the answer ?
WOW ....

You must of had/have a really rough life therefore all the insecurities about something so small as this ... Makes me wonder what you'd do if I actually was being rude to begin with ...

And seriously you do realize you just wasted a whole heap of energy arguing about something that doesn't even really concern you ...

Like I said, your acting like as if reading the same question on different places takes up allot of your time and energy .
But you just wasted a whole lot more time typing up , thinking what to reply and arguing something so small.
Ignoring the question and moving to the next post would of saved you allot more energy and time.

If you didn't know the answer well then my posts weren't made for you so please just move on .

Last edited:
Everything concerns me...

That's also a whole lot of extrapolation from a one line post.

It's very simple to remember. You post questions once. If no-one has answered after 24 hours or so you can bump it or repost it. If you have a question it ought to only fit in one thread anyway.

----------

Edit: I just checked your post history. You posted one question 6 times in 6 different threads. You really don't see how that comes across as incredibly rude?

IM with Bluebagger.... im not getting much spin at all. IM going Perfect/Perfect and its not moving an inch.

I inverted the bowling option and it seems to spin correctly but now when I push forward and to the left a bit it goes right.

Im also very confused by the booklet. It clearly says in text to use the R stick to create drift etc by pushing left or right, and up or down for arm ball or top spinner.... But everyone is saying after 3 rotations of the LS then push UP on the right stick... why only up? The book says to to go up down left or right.

Further to that the graphic says to use the right stick to choose spin options... even has arrows saying top left is leggy, top right is offy etc depending on the bowler. But right stick doesn't choose this at all, its LS that does that before the bowler starts his run up.

Almost like the text and graphics contradict each other.

For the record I put down a dusty worn pitch and still got very little movement.

Any idea on how we can control the speed when bowling with spinners?? I noticed the bowler bowls at different speeds even when the same delivery type is chosen.

Any idea on how we can control the speed when bowling with spinners?? I noticed the bowler bowls at different speeds even when the same delivery type is chosen.

I would love to know this as well. When I face an AI spinner, his pace varies every delivery. One ball is loopy with lot of air and drift whereas the next one is flat and fast. But when I bowl spin, every delivery seems to be the same pace, generally loopy and slow. I have tried bowling sliders and top spinners but it feels the same.

IM with Bluebagger.... im not getting much spin at all. IM going Perfect/Perfect and its not moving an inch.

I inverted the bowling option and it seems to spin correctly but now when I push forward and to the left a bit it goes right.

Im also very confused by the booklet. It clearly says in text to use the R stick to create drift etc by pushing left or right, and up or down for arm ball or top spinner.... But everyone is saying after 3 rotations of the LS then push UP on the right stick... why only up? The book says to to go up down left or right.

Further to that the graphic says to use the right stick to choose spin options... even has arrows saying top left is leggy, top right is offy etc depending on the bowler. But right stick doesn't choose this at all, its LS that does that before the bowler starts his run up.

Almost like the text and graphics contradict each other.

For the record I put down a dusty worn pitch and still got very little movement.

bottom left and bottom right as well as the left and right on LAS all turn a fair bit the side suited to your turn goes more, up left and up right dont move much at all.

The graphic is accurate it shows the direction you want to aim and is labeled correctly.

You inverted the controls and now you push left and it goes right. Sounds exactly wrong as expected

Users who are viewing this thread