Bowling Guide!

bottom left and bottom right as well as the left and right on LAS all turn a fair bit the side suited to your turn goes more, up left and up right dont move much at all.

The graphic is accurate it shows the direction you want to aim and is labeled correctly.

You inverted the controls and now you push left and it goes right. Sounds exactly wrong as expected

No because you dont use the RS for that at all, its the LS that chooses the spin type.

When i said in inverted it, i did it for a test, then changed it back.

No because you dont use the RS for that at all, its the LS that chooses the spin type. .

Read what I wrote, and read what the graphic says again.
It's 100% correct. For some reason you aren't understanding.

Is English not your first language?

I just made a discovery that has improved my bowling accuracy by about 1000%.
When you press down to start your delivery stride you don't have to hold it. I've been holding it and then trying to come all the way up straight for the release. Hence I was getting loads of wides and leg-side rubbish.
Now by letting the LS go back to the centre and then pressing up I can aim way better.

everyone knows you can click the RS to see the batsmans weaknesses and strengths?

bowl to that, but also remember that they may look to go to their strength at inappropriate times so don't be afraid to peg back a strong front foot batsman on the back foot and then throw him a slower ball on a full length which at which time his eyes might light up and he'll pan it high into the air mis-timing it. maybe, remember to put some fielders in the right places and also accept you may get belted for 4.

my other tip is use the timing meter when releasing to play around with the length a bit, use the BAR thing at the end to judge how much bounce is in the wicket and adjust accordingly, if it's not bouncing much release it early to start swinging at a full length and if it is let it get to the end of the green area to get some rearing up a bit.

releasing the full length (Y button) deliveries at the end of the green area, so it's almost a good length gives me massive success in limited overs matches especially. 5 for 9 in a T20 and a MOTM to go with it.

Finally got some proper bouncers in. Mind you I always thought that "bouncer's delight" was a CCTV blindspot...

it reminds me of this.

Neighbours_Bouncer.JPG

which consequently also reminds me that I'm quite old.

however, the question I meant to ask was about reverse swing. it's apparently there, any info on how to achieve it? I imagine it's rare-ish in england where I'm playing but when should be looking for it (I assume the team rubs the ball while simulating) and do we use the inswing to make it go away from the batsman? also wondering if there will be any commentary to hint that it's happening.

Does anybody know how to edit umpire skills so they're more likely to get decisions wrong and utilise DRS more

Does anybody know how to edit umpire skills so they're more likely to get decisions wrong and utilise DRS more

Is it even possible to do so in DBC 14?

Something I've had quite a lot of success with in my career as a all rounder that bowls leggies, is creating pressure with standard leg breaks on a good length then bowling a top spinner (up on ls) on a short length I'm a bowling a lot of batsmen with this delivery but the key is to use it only once an over not go over the top with it
Hope that helps out afew peeps

Bowling Advice Needed !

How do I bowl wicket to wicket ? My bowler always bowls outside offstump

Thanks to the tips on the thread - finally figured out how to get more RPM on my leg spin deliveries. My first game (Qld v Vic) I even scored a hattrick (Finch/White/Maxwell) with Std leggie/Std leggie/Doosra!

I did notice though, even though I've selected standard leggie, it bowls a doosra into the batsman (RH Bat/RH Leggie) and, no I didn't select Doosra. weird. Plus, I notice that even with 1300 RPM there is little deviation in the standard leggie.

Getting frustrated with the automatic forfeits in online play. I am also not able to bowl consistently well and the umpires are extremely harsh on anything just outside the legs as well. Also due to this warning, getting more flustered and bowling no balls as well.

Hope to utilize the tip by @barmyarmy to see if my bowling is improved.

Little online tip...
If you make no up press it sends the ball straight and short so won't be a wide (but might be a no ball if it goes above shoulder height).

Users who are viewing this thread