Bowling Guide!

I haven't but I don't seem to be able to swing the ball either.

I can definitely swing the ball quite easily now, if conditions are right and the ball condition allows it. I haven't played as a spinner yet so I don't know about that.

Is anyone else finding bouncers and short bowling totally useless? The computer almost always attacks them, never mis-times or mis-hits it and usually scores boundaries.
I want to mix up my deliveries but every short ball I bowl just get smashed.

My short balls tend to hit the batsmen around 75% of the time. Only the odd short ball I bowl goes to the boundary.

One question I've got, I seem to be bowling on the line of leg stump a lot when bowling. Does anyone know how to counteract this? I normally get away with it as the out-swing I bowl brings it back onto middle but it's still annoying.

My short balls tend to hit the batsmen around 75% of the time. Only the odd short ball I bowl goes to the boundary.

One question I've got, I seem to be bowling on the line of leg stump a lot when bowling. Does anyone know how to counteract this? I normally get away with it as the out-swing I bowl brings it back onto middle but it's still annoying.

Selecting your angle of approach makes a huge difference. If I bowl close to the stumps I found I am much more able to have a nice line on or about off stump, just nudging the release line to the left a tad......others may do it differently however.......

Has anyone been able to consistently spin the ball noticeably? I don't mean just straightening, I mean warne and murali level spin.

Revolutions, release timing, ball condition, pitch condition - all seem to be perfect for ripping spin deliveries, but it still goes almost straight...

Would be great to see some videos of this if yes, along with some tips!

Even with a great spinner, achieving 2000 rpm on a dusty pitch the ball appears to not spin much

Even with a great spinner, achieving 2000 rpm on a dusty pitch the ball appears to not spin much

I haven't seen too many deliveries turning sharply by AI either. TBH I find drift and change in pace by good AI spinners difficult enough already and if they start turning the ball square, playing them could well be impossible.

I haven't seen too many deliveries turning sharply by AI either. TBH I find drift and change in pace by good AI spinners difficult enough already and if they start turning the ball square, playing them could well be impossible.

I wonder this too - if spinners turned ball square bowling for human and AI will result in too many easy wickets?

I wonder this too - if spinners turned ball square bowling for human and AI will result in too many easy wickets?

Pretty much guaranteed. Playing on pro (mainly because I can't bat) as a career and already had a 10 in the innings as a finger spin bowler, mainly using top spinners and flight. If I can start turning the ball square too...

It's currently very easy to hit against the spin. I think there should be a bit more turn.

What skill level you playing on ? Veteran and legend I dont find it easy!

I still think ability to spin ball miles will ruin the game

Probably something others have already found out: my bowling pace remains relatively high if I wait to select the type of ball I want to bowl after the bowler is already running a few meters on his run up: if you bowl with hud, which I don't, then waiting till the pointers start to move. If I just hold the ball choice in from the beginning then the speed drops consistently 25 to 30 km/h.......

That's interesting dutch

Will try that out, thanks very much :thumbs

What skill level you playing on ? Veteran and legend I dont find it easy!

I still think ability to spin ball miles will ruin the game

I'm batting on pro.

Someone mentioned in another thread about seeing whether lbw shouts would have hit the stumps. You can do it via Big Lines but the colours are a bit confusing.
The last ball bowled is always dark blue so at the end of the over the balls are as follows:
1st - light blue
2nd - green
3rd - white
4th - yellow
5th - red
6th - dark blue

But...

if you check it during the over, to see the previous ball it works backwards so if you check it after the second ball the two trails will be red (first ball) and dark blue (second ball).

Once you know that dark blue = last delivery it's pretty easy to check how close your lbw shouts were. Won't show where it hit the batsman but it's a good indicator of if it's hitting the stumps.

I played Sri Lanka on Legend and it was quite difficult to get Herath and Mendis away. They seem to be the best spinners in the game along with Phangiso from SA. Or maybe I find playing spinners who turn the ball away from right hander tougher to handle.

This is the first game where facing spinners feels like a challenge. The way spinners flight or drift the ball and vary their pace is a joy to behold.

I played Sri Lanka on Legend and it was quite difficult to get Herath and Mendis away. They seem to be the best spinners in the game along with Phangiso from SA. Or maybe I find playing spinners who turn the ball away from right hander tougher to handle.

This is the first game where facing spinners feels like a challenge. The way spinners flight or drift the ball and vary their pace is a joy to behold.

Didn't you find the spin, swing and seam to be more noticeable and trickier to play in the CA nets beta? I just wish the actual game offered this as a batsman and a bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread