Bowling Guide!

In the match practice the bowling is excellent: fast, bouncy, lethal. I am sure there is just some kind of mix up going on with stats or something in the real game situations.

@zimrahil......did you have a try of the bowling to get speed up?

I did but didn't work for me sadly :yes

Was fast bower so restarted career as wrist spinner as fatigue doesn't come into play so far more enjoyable

As everyone is stating the AI batting needs tweaking as a priority. Has to be more edges and less airborne shots in 50 odi and first class /test matches

This and ability to edit default fields would make this a great game for me

Thats a shame zim. Would love to see you getting your hands on those field placings!

Been playing as a batsman in Legendary mode in pro cam, no hud features whatsoever.....batting tip: bring plenty of clean underpants.

Batting in pro cam on Legendary - would be ultimate test :eek:

Playing my new career on Legendary - took 3 wickets first innings, and realistically were all lower order batsman - one bowled and 2 caught in the outfield (sound familiar those forms of dismissal :noway)

Yes would love ability to edit the default fields, but only worth it if AI get more edges and less airborne shots (imo)

In the match practice the bowling is excellent: fast, bouncy, lethal. I am sure there is just some kind of mix up going on with stats or something in the real game situations.

I agree. I expect that many people haven't tried the tutorial because they were keen to play a proper game, but the bowling in the practice match is as it should be in the game. A bouncer flies through to the wicket keeper at head height at times and the bowling appears much quicker.
Even bowling a normal length the batsman really struggles with the pace. It's actually a lot more fun bowling in the practice match then it is in the game proper. I even had a batsman caught out by third slip!!
Give it a try.

Last edited:
On Amateur difficulty, no aids, I can bowl what I would call a decent pace but as soon as I move to Pro the ball barely trickles to the batsmen with the same bowler.

I'm sure I am timing it the same (my front foot placement is the same) so what am I doing wrong?

Hit the "Match Practice" mode with tutorials off and difficulty set to PRO or higher.

How to know in hawkeye which ball is 1st , 2nd , 3rd etc ?

I'm batting on pro.

Someone mentioned in another thread about seeing whether lbw shouts would have hit the stumps. You can do it via Big Lines but the colours are a bit confusing.
The last ball bowled is always dark blue so at the end of the over the balls are as follows:
1st - light blue
2nd - green
3rd - white
4th - yellow
5th - red
6th - dark blue

But...

if you check it during the over, to see the previous ball it works backwards so if you check it after the second ball the two trails will be red (first ball) and dark blue (second ball).

Once you know that dark blue = last delivery it's pretty easy to check how close your lbw shouts were. Won't show where it hit the batsman but it's a good indicator of if it's hitting the stumps.

Barmy had done a good job :thumbs

You need to read my post more carefully.

No, I don't.

If you were trying to say you thought it would be good if the speed you move the RAS impacted the speed of the deliveries then you need to write your post differently.

You quoted a post that was the second in a series explaining how bowling speeds relate exclusively to timing to which you replied, it would be good if it worked like that.

Had you quoted the original question that said I'm moving the stick as quickly as I can and can't get the deliveries any faster, your response would have been appropriate.

@zombieian and @Dutch yeah i agree...got more edges in match practice than in the actual game.

Last edited by a moderator:

The bowling seems to work best when you go about trying to emulate rhythm of the bowler...easing into the different phases as it were instead of charging in like a bulldog with a hardon......ease the different controls at the right moments into place and the bowling becomes much more fluid and speedy and accurate.

This doesn't explain the abnormal speeds of the AI bowlers though....or maybe it does. A vital link is missing joining all the dots as it were: something is knocking the AI out of balance; could be stats or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread