Bowling Guide!

Didn't you find the spin, swing and seam to be more noticeable and trickier to play in the CA nets beta? I just wish the actual game offered this as a batsman and a bowler.

I find it more difficult to play in the game, maybe coz we only ever played straight in the nets but in a match you are trying to score runs and playing all round the wkt.

I find it more difficult to play in the game, maybe coz we only ever played straight in the nets but in a match you are trying to score runs and playing all round the wkt.

But it was very noticeable. You saw the ball swing, seam and spin a lot. I don't see this in the game.

But it was very noticeable. You saw the ball swing, seam and spin a lot. I don't see this in the game.

I always find AI spinners tough to get away with lot of drift and change in pace. They are as difficult as on nets. Pace bowlers don't swing it consistently but you can see a few full pitched deliveries tail in.

I can't seem to bowl faster than 65mph regardless of the bowler.

I have tried pulling the RAS down as fast as I can and then pushing it up to release the ball but still my pace is awful.

I have tried pulling the RAS down as fast as I can and then pushing it up to release the ball but still my pace is awful.

You don't move it quickly you move it accurately in the green zone on the bowling hud.

Do the tutorial in practice match.

Spin bowling no balls

I have noticed for a while that it is impossible to bowl a no ball bowling spin. Will this be in patch #2 ? has anyone else noticed?

As Jadel said you need to go to match practice and try to hit the bowling meters. The speed is not impacted much by the speed with which you push the right stick up or down but whether you bowled within the meters. I generally practice bowling by checking the "Tutorials" off in match practice options.

As Jadel said you need to go to match practice and try to hit the bowling meters. The speed is not impacted much by the speed with which you push the right stick up or down but whether you bowled within the meters. I generally practice bowling by checking the "Tutorials" off in match practice options.

It would be good if it worked like that.

One addition to the "match practice" mode would be to see the bowling speed while bowling and some sort of timing meter while batting. Currently you don't get much feedback while you are in practice mode and I have no idea whether I timed a delivery early or late while batting.

I just have a sense of this actually being a feckin good game but I there is something in the bits all working together that is throwing things off. There are some absolutely brilliant moments and then some stuff that just doesnt make sense.
@zimrahil......did you have a try of the bowling to get speed up?

I had a horrendous bowling experience.....I am a fast bowler....in a one day game I didnt get above 101 km/h whatever I tried. Nor did any of the others. I also chucked utter pies down but was still kept on by my captain even though I was as effective as a lump of spam on a rope.....

.....I saw that the pitch was really green and had the thought that somehow the changed pitch condition was knocking the bowling somehow....I just dont know.....it feels like something could be fixed and everything would just gel together again.....

what do you mean? It works exactly like that.

One addition to the "match practice" mode would be to see the bowling speed while bowling and some sort of timing meter while batting. Currently you don't get much feedback while you are in practice mode and I have no idea whether I timed a delivery early or late while batting.

Yeah I keep thinking that on the batting, just an optional hud to help practice. That said I think Im almost always late ;)
The bowling though, .. it already does show you the speed.. is that not what you mean.

I just have a sense of this actually being a feckin good game but I there is something in the bits all working together that is throwing things off. There are some absolutely brilliant moments and then some stuff that just doesnt make sense.
@zimrahil......did you have a try of the bowling to get speed up?

I had a horrendous bowling experience.....I am a fast bowler....in a one day game I didnt get above 101 km/h whatever I tried. Nor did any of the others. I also chucked utter pies down but was still kept on by my captain even though I was as effective as a lump of spam on a rope.....

.....I saw that the pitch was really green and had the thought that somehow the changed pitch condition was knocking the bowling somehow....I just dont know.....it feels like something could be fixed and everything would just gel together again.....

agree with this, especially regarding edges for bowlers. there are edges in the game, lots of them, I get out to them more than any other dismissal. the thing is the AI spends most of the time trying to hoik balls on off over midwicket and swings and misses, trys to defend swinging balls but only covers the middle stumps, and when going for cover drives often massively over stretches so the ball goes under him.

you get dozens and dozens of played and missed because the the mechanics don't put the computers bat anywhere near the ball quite often. I get out to edges because I play drives out of time at the ball, or front foot drives to back of a length balls or try to straight drive swinging balls. I'm trying to play what I think is the right shot and get caught out, the computer so often plays a completely odd shot or just misses.

if the AI was set up so the computer actually played logical wrong shots (ie straight driving one outside off because they thought it was on off instead of trying to hook) or they got bat on ball much more often (like a real player would try and compensate by actually trying to hit the ball, it's like they see the delivery and close their eyes) it would stop the easy bowled and LBW dismissals and bring edges much more into play.

I like the bowling mechanics, I think they are really bloody good and there are edges (and I like that they sometimes don't carry), lbws, bowleds, caught dismissals and you can actually set the computer up for them if you think about it. however, I'm tired of getting about 60 played and missed deliveries an innings, as eventually I just think sod it, the only way to get them out is to bowl straight at the stumps and get LBW or bowled because they miss the ball so much.

Yeah I keep thinking that on the batting, just an optional hud to help practice. That said I think Im almost always late ;)
The bowling though, .. it already does show you the speed.. is that not what you mean.

I don't see what speed bowlers bowl at you when you are practising batting in the nets. The place on the screen where you normally see bowling speeds generally just says 'Start' or something. Thus you don't even get an idea of what timing works for which speed.

I don't see what speed bowlers bowl at you when you are practising batting in the nets. The place on the screen where you normally see bowling speeds generally just says 'Start' or something. Thus you don't even get an idea of what timing works for which speed.

Oh, you said you want to see the bowling speed while bowling.

I guess that could be handy.

Oh, you said you want to see the bowling speed while bowling.

I guess that could be handy.

I practised bowling so long back I don't even recall whether we can see the speeds. These days I'm focusing more on my batting and didn't see bowling speeds. For bowling, once you get the hang of bowling controls, best option is to play a Test on Veteran or Legend mode and bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread