Bowling Length

Klaymen

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just got the game today and played a few 10 over games with my flat mate which i won easily but we were mainly doing full lengths or yorker type lengths and finding them fairly easy to put away. So after starting a test match i realised it wasnt the best length to bowl so decided to try what i would consider proper bowling i.e Just short of a length outside off stump and the computer would just leave most of them. So i tighted up my line and was bowling on off stump and was finding that a good length but starting bowling a little fuller and started getting wickets.
Ended up getting them all out for 94 and made 125 myself. They then went into bat again and got 150 so i needed 120 to win which i did with three wickets left. I thought that was a mighty effort for my first test match :)
So does anyone else agree with me on my bowling length or have any other hints? Also does moving the dot on the ball actually do anything? I havent really found it helps at all for anything

yes moving the dot on the ball does alot, If you play on a green pitch you will get more seam with a fast or medium fast bowler, and with spin the dot will determine which way the ball will spin

Heres a pic of the length i like to bowl

Attachments

• length.jpg
    length.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 181
when you say you get more seam is that when the dot is on the seam or off the seam?

It seems like you were either playing on a hard or dry pitch, these pitches get very little movement, so moving the dot on the ball will not help much.
Have a go on a green pitch and you will see the difference.
I would say that length is just a tiny bit short, it will keep the runs down but you wont take as many wickets.

In ODI's i bowl a line pictched up way outside of stump but not giving away a wide, also bowlin yorkers outside off stump will also get you alot of DOT BALLS but no wickets

It easy to keep the runs down by just setting a decent field and not bowling on the leg side, or too short.
Remember that it is always better to overpitch than to bowl too short, it gives you a better chance of taking a wicket, just make sure you have the protection.

Users who are viewing this thread