Bowling problem

jonarny

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I'm sorry if anyone else has had this problem answered but I've not found it in the threads.

I'm using the UK edition on the PC. (Windows XP)

When I bowl I can only bowl standard deliveries -using the 's' key. The slower ball / either cutter don't work at all and i just get a no-ball if i try it. This is the same with spinners (no arm ball / googly / etc) and medium-pacers (everything's straight).

I've tried installing the game on my laptop and I am getting exactly the same problem.

Is this a bug or am I missing something about how to bowl a 'variation' ball? It never works, even on helpful pitches / in the practice nets no matter what line or length I bowl. If it's a bug, is there a patch?

Thanks.

Try pressing the same key to end the delivery with as you started it, ie if you bowl a slower ball, make sure to press the slower ball button to stop the meter, not the normal ball button.

However, with the cutters don't expect to notice anything happening as you can't really see the ball deviate much. However, with swing bowlers or spinners you should definitely see a difference off the pitch or through the air.

I can't start the delivery with any other key but the 'standard' one.

Are you sure? Try remapping the keys.
When the bowler is waiting to run in, you should be able to press one of the keys and he'll run in and bowl. If you can't do this, then your problem is not one I can solve maybe Colin can.

Users who are viewing this thread