Why does ball not become old. The ball remains new till the end

blalock taussig

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am playing on 800x600 with 32 bit colour,
I downloaded graphic importer ver 3.0 and I noticed that for every colour ball there were three bmps for the older ball.

I got some great bmps of older scuffed up balls, I imported them in to GI3
The Cpu uses the first picture throughout the game.
I tried reimporting the pictures with different transparencies but the same problem persisted.
If I use a picture of an old ball as the first picture then that ball is used througout the game.

Now is this some bug or is it because Im playing in that resolution or what ?

If I can't get the thing to work it makes no sense posting the bmps for others.
somebody help ????

Cricketer2004

Club Cricketer
yes but when you go to match conditions......there is some crack on ball figure after 30 overs as anyone notice that....

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It should only be a display problem i.e. the game doesn't use all the available resolutions. The ball actually does get older.
I was thinking today about the ways in which C2k4 had regressed from C2k2 and this was one. In C2k2 the ball actually looked older. In case anyone cares the other ones I thought of were the top left run radar being incomplete in C2k4 and the replay screens no longer showing replays. I'm sure there are plenty of others...

blalock taussig

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But guys
There are four pictures in the Gob file for both white and red balls. The first picture is for the new one and the last three are for old balls in varying stages of use.

Some time ago, when playing a test and then using the close up replay I thought I noticed the ball look older. But now Im not so sure because the same thing has never happened again.

Viva la HB studios !

Users who are viewing this thread