Bowling Speeds

rocklara

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good day guys, hope you are enjoying DBC 14. I have not purchased the game yet, but wish to know what your opinions are in terms of the bowling speeds? Are they still slow as in the previous games which were released i.e. ICC cricket 10, Ashes cricket etc. Or can you bowl at speeds of 148kph and see a visible difference in the pace at which Dale Steyn and Mitch Johnson bowl?

An feedback is greatly appreciated.

My fastest ball was 158 and you can definitely see a difference. I suggest checking out some vids on youtube.

From a batting point of view, facing any fast bowler who is bowling >140kph is a handful and it all blurs into each other. Can't say I'm good enough to consistently face up to it without pre-meditating shots - just don't seem to have the time to play the correct shot - but once the batting controls become second nature, it should make it easier to react. Still early days.

Great my friend. Hope to get some more feedback from other players to see what it is like.:)

^ IIRC, there is an option to change the metrics

Actually, there is an option to bowl a faster delivery by pressing and holding the R1 button on the DualShock 3 controller while the bowler is running in.

I have got up my pace up to 98 miles per hour with Junaid Khan (Pakistan).

I'm playing a tour right now with a custom 1970's Australian team and after 2 or 3 overs each Lillee, Thomson and Walker drop down to high 110's to low 120's. The fatigue also seems to get worse even though they're not bowling. Even after the lunch break they were highly fatigued.

I'm playing a tour right now with a custom 1970's Australian team and after 2 or 3 overs each Lillee, Thomson and Walker drop down to high 110's to low 120's. The fatigue also seems to get worse even though they're not bowling. Even after the lunch break they were highly fatigued.

Could be that they downed 5 pints of Fosters each during lunch. ;)

I have a feeling confidence plays a big factor in being able to keep your energy level up and fatigue down. I noticed that very early on, but some games my player seems to keep the speed up for a lot longer... although that might just be the work of the captain in keeping me off bowling for a bit longer.

As a batsman.. the bowling speed is spot on or even a touch too fast (at least career mode legend difficulty). You have, once as someone said above we get more used to the game, just enough time to pick the shot. Don't ever try and think about it too much or change your mind.. you don't have time for that.

Ive played in pro mode and bowlers bowl faster in this mode but weeketkeeper stands so close

Actually, there is an option to bowl a faster delivery by pressing and holding the R1 button on the DualShock 3 controller while the bowler is running in.

I only noticed this yesterday. It makes a massive difference. Strange that it's not in the manual.

Has anyone taken a stump out of the ground when bowling. Nothing better than
bowling a fast in-swinger and sending the stumps cartwheeling.

When do you press R1? I went through the bowling tutorials (Match Practice) and didn't see any option for R1/faster ball.

Yep - I'm finding this a massive issue...

Annoying both when bowling or batting against the AI to see the spearhead drop from the 140's in his first two overs to the low 110's in his third... Hopefuly this is one of the things Big Ant are looking to rectify in the patches

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread