Bowling Speeds

Can people really tell the difference between a ball at 95mph and one at 80mph? Or is it just psychological seeing the speed gun registering a 75mph ball for Mitchell Johnson for example? To me it doesn't seem like there is all that much difference; it's purely a cosmetic issue that doesn't really have too much of an impact on gameplay but one I'm sure we'd all like to be addressed.

I definitely notice a difference. At 75-80mph you have time to react and think about it (not enough for me to do the triggers) but at 90mph the ball rushes on to you very quickly. As I've got slightly better at timing for fast-mediums, I'm finding that the quicker bowlers are by far more dangerous, as they should be.

Do people honestly feel like not even a 50 over game is fun due to this issue? Very disappointing if true :(

To join the chorus, yes. It isn't just the speed on the screen it is noticeably slower both bowling and facing it. The keeper also starts moving up as you slow down. Ie at 138km he is at a decent distance behind the wicket. By the time you are down to 115 he is up much closer. I'm sure I'm not imagining that. At least that way the ball still carries but edges are less likely to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread