Bowling Speeds

I don't have the game (yet) but right from the get go, I practiced in the nets with:
- no silly colourful ball markers
- pro mode

Yes its difficult but thats what makes cricket (and batting) one of the best games in the world. Yeah you will miss the first few and/or get bowled or nick...but you get used to it ie. watching the ball out of the bowler's hand and making a split second decision re length/speed/etc. Thats what you do IRL.

When do you press R1? I went through the bowling tutorials (Match Practice) and didn't see any option for R1/faster ball.

I press the R1 button AFTER I have moved the left analog stick in the direction I want to 'angle' the ball "(Left Analog Stick at 11 'O Clock means you deliver the ball from wide of the stumps, LAS at 12 'O Clock means straight, 1 'O Clock means close to the stumps when bowling over the wicket as a right hander)" and pressed one of the face buttons to choose the length of delivery to bowl (full, good or short).

In short, I press the R1 button ANY time after the bowler begins the run up.

Follow angad's bowling guide here that was actually pretty educational for me. It does need a few amendments as discussed in the page that follows the discussion on the first page, though.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/bowling-guide-89045.html

There does seem to be an issue with the severe drops in pace players suffer after only a few overs. Players tend to lose their zip too quickly, and it just doesn't seem to come back during an innings.

I've seen Harris down to below 120 as his very peak after only 6-7 overs, and it doesn't come back even going into a new day. Compare this to Harris even in the last match he played (carrying a knee injury) he was hitting perfect 140 kmph yorkers in his 25th over with less than 5 overs to play on day 5.

Losing a bit of pace is one thing, but maybe 10-15 kmph over 10-15+ overs, not 20-30 over 5-8. I guess the risk of injuring your key bowlers would spice up the battle between maintaining pace and managing fatigue, but at the moment commanding Johnson and Harris as a pace attack may as well be a pair of mediums.

There does seem to be an issue with the severe drops in pace players suffer after only a few overs. Players tend to lose their zip too quickly, and it just doesn't seem to come back during an innings.

I've seen Harris down to below 120 as his very peak after only 6-7 overs, and it doesn't come back even going into a new day. Compare this to Harris even in the last match he played (carrying a knee injury) he was hitting perfect 140 kmph yorkers in his 25th over with less than 5 overs to play on day 5.

Losing a bit of pace is one thing, but maybe 10-15 kmph over 10-15+ overs, not 20-30 over 5-8. I guess the risk of injuring your key bowlers would spice up the battle between maintaining pace and managing fatigue, but at the moment commanding Johnson and Harris as a pace attack may as well be a pair of mediums.

Agree strongly - the downside to long spells should be a slight drop in pace (maybe 10-15kms after a spell of 5/6 overs - to be regained after a suitable break) and a risk of injury through overwork and fatigue.

Ideally the fatigue should carry over between games (competition, Tour and career mode) so that if you flog one of your fast bowlers during a test you have to think about whether or not to rest him for the next game.

Of course for that to work there would have to be a way to view your player's energy levels pre-game and seeing as you can't view any of their attributes before selecting your line-up this seems unlikely.

Would also like the above to apply to form/confidence (the carrying over bewteen games)

Pace feels like it drops off too severely too quickly and the fatigue hangs around for too long. These just need small tweaks.

Indeed, the bowling speed drops after every single delivery for me. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Is it possible to increase a stamina rating for the players as a temporary fix?

I've just checked my 3 bowlers who's pace was dropping after each delivery and both their Aerobic and Anaerobic fitness levels bar were halfway (or thereabouts) so perhaps it does require tweaking. I will edit them later on after I've finished my current test match and report back.

Maybe others can confirm if their bowlers have poor fitness attributes or not??

Yeah this drop in bowling speed issue is the one thing that's spoiling the game experience in what is otherwise a great game.

Not much fun having (or facing) fast men bowling 120k after 3 overs, so sticking to spin for now.

I've just checked my 3 bowlers who's pace was dropping after each delivery and both their Aerobic and Anaerobic fitness levels bar were halfway (or thereabouts) so perhaps it does require tweaking. I will edit them later on after I've finished my current test match and report back.

Maybe others can confirm if their bowlers have poor fitness attributes or not??

Excellent idea mate, i will also look into this today as work was canceled. I love cyclones if the power stays on.

I will edit them later on after I've finished my current test match and report back.

I can confirm that bowling speeds still continue to drop after each delivery despite having full stats for fitness.

Has there been any comment on this bowling speed / fatigue issue from Big Ant?

Don't think I've come across their thoughts/rationale on this anywhere...

This bug has forced me to bowl spinners most of the time in Tests. The only time pacers bowl at a decent pace is the first few overs of the 1st innings and after that the bowling speed goes down to 100-114 kph range. Even in the 2nd innings they don't regain their fitness and fatigue lingers on and after a handful of overs in 2nd innings they again become useless.

Look at folks like Siddle. They run in hard all day long and even for bowlers such as Steyn, he barely goes below mid 130s no matter how many overs he has bowled during the day.

----------

Has there been any comment on this bowling speed / fatigue issue from Big Ant?

Don't think I've come across their thoughts/rationale on this anywhere...

I thought I'd read somewhere the fatigue issue will be addressed in a patch but can't find any statement from @BigAntStudios to that effect.

Users who are viewing this thread