Bowling Strategies in Howzat

gumzaat

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The reward for bowling lamely in Howzat is pretty steep. It seems to be that yorkers and full pitched balls are not the way to go.

Has anybody come across a winning bowling approach yet ?

Bowling occasional slow bouncers with fast/spin Bowlers can do the trick. Occasionally. Remember to use the pace effectively, many fall because of it.

Bowling occasional slow bouncers with fast/spin Bowlers can do the trick. Occasionally. Remember to use the pace effectively, many fall because of it.

Seconded! This is very true. Pace variations are awesome if used the right way.

How do pace variations work? I assumed the red part of the metre meant a better quality ball.

Red area means faster ball, and yellow areas are the slowest ball possible. The side of the pointer will determine in which direction the ball will swing/spin/cut.

From what I have seen ... if it is Red in the center area, it is the fastest. If it is red in the side areas it is a fast spinner/cutter. It seems like you get the most swing/spin when it is in the green areas on the sides (between red and yellow)

bowling can only be rewarding if you have the correct field settings. for example, bowling short in an open field is not a very good idea, as the region behind square on both sides is totally exposed. fuller deliveries on an open field could be useful (do keep an eye out for the odd sweep shot)

short deliveries on an off side field with a spin bowler are also very interesting. but be sure NOT to bowl full in leg side or off side fields. the batsman is going to go downtown each time!

i still have not been able to figure out a good stratt for the leg side field though.

I find the spinners the hardest to play. The difference in flight between the faster and slower balls is pretty noticeable and always gets me out :facepalm

from what I have seen, I barely notice the swing or the spin. Noticeably more the spin, but barely notice the swing.

I actually really like the bowling. Trouble, as others have said, is that you can move across so much and turn everything into a cut.

i bowl a decent length, just outside off.

however, occasionally, there will be bouncers or a yorker

To noobs, I bowl short on an off-side field, but this quickly falls apart against good players.

Keeping it full with an open field is not a bad strategy, but still can leak runs. Pace variety is the key.

Ask Troy what happened. He couldn't believe it.

I was bowling with Hayden (Made him a spin bowler - he's the pick of my spinners after Hauritz and he has no points assigned for bowling) to a right hander. Bowled a bouncer outside leg with an extremely slow speed. Troy ended up leaving the delivery and it pegged onto middle-leg. Great stuff. He probably left it because I had tried the same thing with 2 previous deliveries but they were on a good length.

I left it because it looked like it was gonna be a wide! Bloody Shane Warne moment there..

Users who are viewing this thread