Bowling too easy

howzat!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys.

I have already installed the patch and the runout bug but I still find that the CPU never really gets over 100 even in test matches or ODI's which is very frustrating. Is there a way or a patch I have not yet noticed which makes bowling more difficult for me?
Thanks for the help !

gold639

International Coach
Which patch are u using?

I find it impossible to get the cpu out for low scores in Ravi's patches....have you tried them?

howzat!

School Cricketer
Ravi's Patch? That sounds like a good alternative.
I am using Tutsi's A.I Patch Ver. 7.3 Final (Old batting tech) from the download section. admittedly it's the first patch I have tried to use and it does add a lot of edges but the CPU ends up batting really bad against spin or seam.
I should try Ravi's patch to see if it makes the CPU get multiple centuries, then I can start working on my batting :D
Is there a way to stop the runout bug as well as the line-up bug or can you only use either one or the other?
thanks again!

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
howzat! said:
Is there a way to stop the runout bug as well as the line-up bug or can you only use either one or the other?
thanks again!

Someone fixed this for me yesterday, if i came remember how....

Use Prakash's line-up editor.

Click OPEN, change the filetype from 'roster.pak' to whichever saved game file your game is, e.g. 'user01.sav'

Choose your line-up and save it.

Then you can run the game with the runout.exe and still have the correct line-ups. It's working for me :drink

gold639

International Coach
Yeah use the above method.

And Sam is releasing a new exe which combines everything AND adds new features :)

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Trescothick said:
Someone fixed this for me yesterday, if i came remember how....

Use Prakash's line-up editor.

Click OPEN, change the filetype from 'roster.pak' to whichever saved game file your game is, e.g. 'user01.sav'

Choose your line-up and save it.

Then you can run the game with the runout.exe and still have the correct line-ups. It's working for me :drink
This is the only way I play tournaments now.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
howzat! said:
Ravi's Patch? That sounds like a good alternative.
I am using Tutsi's A.I Patch Ver. 7.3 Final (Old batting tech) from the download section. admittedly it's the first patch I have tried to use and it does add a lot of edges but the CPU ends up batting really bad against spin or seam.
I should try Ravi's patch to see if it makes the CPU get multiple centuries, then I can start working on my batting :D
thanks again!

well why were playing with such anold patch when 7.4 patch is already there. with 3 beta patches following it.

u could have played with 7.4 patch OR the 3rd BETA patch which has fixed the problem of CPU not scoring good totals.

howzat!

School Cricketer
Ok so I went home yesterday and re-installed cricket2004
installed:
- Tutsi's 7.5 3rd BETA Patch
- Sky Sports TV Graphics Patch
- Sam's Cricket 2004 EXE
- Sams Cursor Patch for .exe (to run in background)
Now the CPU really paces itself well and scores a few nice runs but still also gets some edges, which is fabulous. I managed to squeeze in 20 overs as England against South Africa who are currently on 67/1.

However I noticed that every now and again, (perhaps after saving?) that after I had just finished an over, the bowler I was just playing with got to bowl a seventh ball. Has anyone heard of this before? I mean, it's not terribly...terrible but it does seem quite odd because it even says it on the bowling stats at the end of the over, one of the bowler has bowled 8.1 overs.

Just wondering if this is a known bug and if there is a workaround.
BTW I of course want to say thank you very much for the help, the game is much more challenging with the patch installed and bowling is MUCH more fun now. I can't wait for the second innings to see how well I manage to bat.

HOWZAT !

Last edited:

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
ya....i'm also waiting for the whole match to complete.

there are still some mnior issues which will be hopefully fixed the next beta patch of 7.5

howzat!

School Cricketer
I don't want to open a new thread for this question so I will add it here as it's quite on topic.

I now noticed that whenever I bowl to a right-hand batsman, onto his left shoulder or thereabouts, he always trys to hook it, but quite unspectacularly, to the nearest fielder. That way, on the tour (what's it called) south asia? I managed to get bangladesh all out as england for 20.

Is this a known bug that the CPU always plays silly hook shots to protect his face or was I just lucky? By the way, the batting has improved immensely since I installed all the patches. It's much more difficult now to score lots of runs so it makes it much more of a challenge. Except for this hooking problem.
Thanks for any feedback,

HOWZAT!

themuel1

International Coach
i get the batsmen try hooks on full pitched balls using ravi's
lowest odi i've bowled the cpu out for is 78
8 yorkers that got through!! admittidly against bangladesh

Users who are viewing this thread