Breaking News- Brian Charles Lara Retires

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Just on Sky Sports,
He's retired from all forms of cricket
Sad End To Brilliant Career

not clear wether he will play vs england but i was hoping for him to continue his test career and put the run record out of tendulkar and pontings reach

thats old,
this was just announced by charles colville on sky sports 1 about 15 minutes ago,
his initial plan was to retire from odi's only but now hes retiring from all forms of cricket

His time had come although did expect him to play on in the Test arena. The Great man will be missed none the less.

A legend, though I feel his presence has hindered WIndies cricket. His batting has wained a bit of late.

Really a sad and an embarrising end for a Legend like Brian Charles Lara:hpraise his last match will be against England in this saturday , i hope for his tribute there will be not an single empty seat , and hope to see some blasts in his last ODI innings ( Please God give him a Hundred)

another great player retires from international cricket... lara will be truly missed what a great career he has had! i salute u Brian Charles Lara

Lara, arguably the greatest Left-handed batsman to grace the game.
An end to a beautiful Innings.

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
( Please God give him a Hundred)

And make sure he is the only one on his team to score in that match :hpraise

This isn't great news. I was expecting how to play Test matches after this World Cup. But it seems that won't happen. I am lucky to witness some of the class of this great player. People like Bradman, Sobers, Richards, e.g. I have never seen play, so it's a privilige to watch this guy play.

the game really is losing a great but it is good for him that he retired now instead of later when his talent has diminished

ZexyZahid said:
This isn't great news. I was expecting how to play Test matches after this World Cup. But it seems that won't happen. I am lucky to witness some of the class of this great player. People like Bradman, Sobers, Richards, e.g. I have never seen play, so it's a privilige to watch this guy play.
Well said.

Was really hoping he'd keep playing tests. Gutted that its come to this. He's still capable of playing big knocks.

On a positive note, at least we got to see an explosive double century from him a few months back.

I expected him to play in tests. Anyways, a brilliant career coming to an end.

But i do expect him to come back in Tests like what Hooper did( though Hooper returned to both forms of cricket after retirement ) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread