Brett Lee

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now i've seen threads for greats like Sachin, Lara, Warne, Mcgrath etc...

But rarely do i see one aimed at Brett Lee.

He's one of the most model proffesionals out there. Plays hard on the field, nicest guy off it. You just have to check out the last match between Aus/Sri to see how much of a proffesional he is.

87710.jpg

Now ofcourse a lot of bowlers/batsmen in that situation would do the same, but i doubt they'd do it time after time after time. It goes to show how respected he is when instead of celebrating a nail-bitingly close match, Flintoff went over to congratulate him on it. It says more about Lee than it does of Flintoff.

You'll see Brett Lee celebrate the "aussie way," but always when a batsmen has had a good knock will you see him either run up to him, or just say something.

Now i'm sure i'm not the only one to think that Brett Lee is a god, not because of his dangeriously quick bowling, or handy batting, but for his mentality. He really is one of those quick bowlers who can handle his speed unlike a few of the others. (They tend to come from India and go by the name of Sreesanth)

Bret Lee is at his peak at this moment. He has worked hard to achieve this status. There was a time in his career when he was carrying drinks for likes of McGrath, Gillespie and Warnie even though he was fastest bowler in world. The best example of his discipline comes from Allan Border Medal noght where he did not had one sip of Champegne inorder to aviod any alchohol in his system till CB Series is over.

True competitive cricketer who unlike his team mates let his work do the talking rather than his mouth. Hes always been popular in India and now that he has signed to play for Mohali his popularity will increase more.

He really is one of those quick bowlers who can handle his speed unlike a few of the others. (They tend to come from India and go by the name of Sreesanth)

He is crap alright but don't forget Lee is above 30 and was dropped from the side precicely for the reason you mentioned.

Brett Lee is one of the players in world cricket that can truely be looked upon as a role model to kids. He plays hard on the field, but seems a genuienly nice guy off it. He also works his arse off for the cause, and willl never give up when it comes to giving his team a chance of winning or saving a game (Edgbaston and Old Trafford during the 2005 Ashes series). Lee's certainly one of the players I look up to and would dream to emulate. I have a facination with quick bowlers, and at the moment there aren't any better than Brett Lee. He has a flawless action, fantastic control and a wide variety of deliveries. When Lee gets into Yorker-Bouncer mode watch out batsman, he's one dangerous customer. Gotta love Brett Lee.

Its fantastic that he has stepped up to the plate and now is Australias main man. It only seems like yesterday when he was really struggling with his line and length and was always on the brink of being dropped from the Test squad

Now i've seen threads for greats like Sachin, Lara, Warne, Mcgrath etc...

But rarely do i see one aimed at Brett Lee.

I can answer this bit. Lara, Tendulkar, Warne and McGrath are up there as the best of all time, Lee is nowhere near that level. Sure he tries hard, but the fact that he's now the leading bowler for Australia is due to everyone else retiring or falling apart rather than Lee raising his game by that much in my view.

but the fact that he's now the leading bowler for Australia is due to everyone else retiring or falling apart rather than Lee raising his game by that much in my view.

Agree 50%. But still you need to put in effort.

Brett Lee is the best fast bowler in the world. There is no arguement. At this moment in time, he has the speed, concentration and mentality at International Level.

Just because the greats are retiring doesnt mean he isnt one of them. He isnt in the calibre of Thommo and such, but he's up there.

Yep, he is a role model for sure, leaves his aggression with his delivery unlike some other bowlers...:rolleyes:

ANDRE NEL!.

I think the fact that alot of the replies in this thread have come from non-Australians (heck, the thread started was Simbazz) shows how respected Brett Lee is in the cricket world. He is definelty one of my favourite cricketers. Watching him bat isn't that bad either, can hit the ball just as long as Adam Gilchrist.

I've been really impressed how Lee has been able to lead the attack after McGrath's retirement. How many times have we seen him archive a breakthrough with the new ball? He has a firm control on his line and length now without sacrificing any of his pace. He has improved as a cricketer in terms of his batting, which he averages 21 with the bat at 8-9, he has always been a good fielder for a fast bowlers and also a great athlete not to mention a fine professional who will fight hard on the field and afterwards have a good laugh about it all.

Love to see him in action..Fast bowler with Balanced aggression.Much sober and true gentleman.He has always take care the absence of McGrath.And 6 balls in a over with the speed of 145 is just amazing..

Probably is a nice guy, but as has been said, not anywhere near the class of those other players who get praised regularly. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say he'd be the second best fast bowler in Australia (in Tests) if it weren't for the fact Ponting never bowls Stuart Clark.

IMO Brett Lee >>> Stuart Clark

Clark can do batsmen for accuracy and consistency, whereas Lee can do batsmen and accuracy, consistency and pace

Users who are viewing this thread