Brett Lee

I think all of the players shake hands with batsman who've just played a superb knock. I remember seeing Ishant Sharma shake Andrew Symonds hand after he made 162* despite Sharma should've having him out on 31. I don't think I've ever seen a bowler bowl a beamer to a batsman and then see them go straight back to their mark without apologizing either.

Lee is definately not the best fast bowler in the world, Shane Bond is.

You can't say that you've never seen Brett Lee sledge a batsman either.

You're joking right ? That's as farcical as people claiming that Shoaib is the best bowler in the world. Lee and Steyn are the best fast bowlers in the world right now, Bond's done nothing of note in the past 18 months, he's always injured. When he's fit though he's fantastic, it just doesnt happen often. No-one who's only played 1 Test Match and 8 Odi's in the past year can be seen as the best quickie in the world. He has a pretty awesome record in those 9 games he's played, but he's not played nearly enough games to be considered better than Lee and Steyn.

Last edited:
You're joking right ? That's as farcical as people claiming that Shoaib is the best bowler in the world. Lee and Steyn are the best fast bowlers in the world right now, Bond's done nothing of note in the past 18 months, he's always injured. When he's fit though he's fantastic, it just doesnt happen often. No-one who's only played 1 Test Match and 8 Odi's in the past year can be seen as the best quickie in the world. He has a pretty awesome record in those 9 games he's played, but he's not played nearly enough games to be considered better than Lee and Steyn.
It has nothing to do with how many games his played. It's just common sense, when fit, Bond's the better bowler.

And on top of that, all of this talk about Lee being the perfect sportsman, he stares down batsman regularly to intimidate them. Might seem like nothing, but watch Stuart Clark bowl. Never gives a harsh look to anyone, ever. So not only does he have him covered in the bowling stakes, but the sportsmanship stakes too.

You dont really get intimidated by a 130 kmh, as Lee is very fast so the opposite applies.

seconded, lee and steyn are both playing some great cricket, but lee has been doing it for longer and as an englishman i hate to say it but australia have the best fast bowler in the world at the moment

Last edited:
You dont really get intimidated by a 130 kmh, as Lee is very fast so the opposite applies.

That's the idiotic theory that the Australian selectors seem to go with. They go for players like Lee, Johnson and Tait who just bowl pace and supposedly intimidate batters. Intimidate batters as much as you like, you still have to get them out. Good batters can cope with the pace anyway. The Australian batters would love to face Lee, Johnson and Tait all day, as they're much easier to face off than bowlers who swing the ball more, e.g. RP Singh and Ishant Sharma. If all of the Indians bowled 150-160km/h balls that didn't swing, Ponting would be in the form of his life. You need swing, seam or accuracy if you're going to trouble the better batsmen, and Stuart Clark has two of those three, while Lee hasn't mastered any of those areas.

I'm not saying Stuart Clark is the perfect bowler, but he's much better than Lee, and the sooner the selectors realise this and start picking bowlers based on skill rather than pace (e.g. Hilfenhaus over Johnson, for crying out loud) the better it is for Australian cricket.

Lol! Gilly isn't all smiles.

87970.jpg

Overrated.

yes I like, I stand alone ;).

Last edited:
Typical of me to point out the biomechanics of Brett Lee, but he does more things right in his action than he, or anyone else realises. To the uninformed mind, he has a poor action, but the little things make him a superbly fast bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread