Brian Lara Cricket 2007 Bugs

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn!!! This game sucks big.... Anyone aware of any patches coming from the codies???? OR we have to wait for the next version???

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I ran had a direct hit at the stumps and the batsman was out of his crease but given not out

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
I still dont know why developers dont TEST PLAY the games. Is it so hard to just play a few games while near completion, look at the things that arent right and annoy you and fix it? Seriously....dont anyone have any pride in their work anymore? Apparently its satisfactory to do half-asses work thesedays. I mean they cant say "we did play the games and saw no faults" because then they're (a) lying (b) know nothing about cricket....both of those (perhaps the latter one) are pretty scary.

Only thing i hope for is that now that BLC09 is being developed in Aus, that we might ACTUALLY get a game that is made by people who actually know what the hell cricket is about...not some random canadian dudes who know as much about cricket as i do about the sexual attraction between squids and polar bears.

Have only played the demo of BLC07 but i was so disappointed i couldnt bare to play the full game. But from readin the posts i realise most of those happened in BLC05 as well (which i do own). Damn man...doesnt anyone cept LegendMaster program games AND have a passion for cricket!?

Switch Hit

School Cricketer
I still dont know why developers dont TEST PLAY the games. Is it so hard to just play a few games while near completion, look at the things that arent right and annoy you and fix it? Seriously....dont anyone have any pride in their work anymore? Apparently its satisfactory to do half-asses work thesedays. I mean they cant say "we did play the games and saw no faults" because then they're (a) lying (b) know nothing about cricket....both of those (perhaps the latter one) are pretty scary.

Only thing i hope for is that now that BLC09 is being developed in Aus, that we might ACTUALLY get a game that is made by people who actually know what the hell cricket is about...not some random canadian dudes who know as much about cricket as i do about the sexual attraction between squids and polar bears.

Have only played the demo of BLC07 but i was so disappointed i couldnt bare to play the full game. But from readin the posts i realise most of those happened in BLC05 as well (which i do own). Damn man...doesnt anyone cept LegendMaster program games AND have a passion for cricket!?

How do you know that the game was not tested ? Would you not think all these issues you lot have posted in this thread were not spotted in testing ? If you spotted them do you think a team that spent months and months testing it wouldn't as well ? Fact is bugs that are found are not always fixed.

BTW Canadian Dudes ? Last time I looked BLIC was made in England!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, you're right. There was an article in PC Gamer that said that developers often know about a particular bug, but they release the game anyway (sometimes, they release a quick patch shortly after release). It's a disgraceful situation, but I think it's here to stay. The problem isn't really the developers though, it's the stupid bloody publishers that lean on them to release the game as soon as possible (regardless of amount of bugs).

A good practice is to resist the urge to buy games as soon as they come out, wait a few months for most bugs to be patched up and you'll probably get it much cheaper to boot!

Edit: I didn't know that the game was made in England, puts a bit of a damper on the news that the new game will be made by Aussies...

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Fact is bugs that are found are not always fixed.

Then what the hell is the point? And that just exactly proves the point im trying to make. And whats with this whole "these issues you lot have posted" - i think its perfectly fine for the public to complain if we dont see our money put to good use. One would think that the money we pay for the games would be used to IMPROVE the games and those game tests that so obviously take place, according to you, are used to actually fix it. Not be like "yea john, i think i found a really nice bug here while i was play testing, but i dont think we should be arsed to actually do the right thing and try and fix most of them. I mean...its not like we had 2 years or something to actually start to give a tos about it...and yeah we still dont so screw it....mmmm $$$".

So by telling me or anyone or trying to convince us that proper testing was done or that they cared to fix it is silly mate....ur just p*ssing into the wind and left all wet and smelly to be honest.

mrj143

School Cricketer
sum ridiculous shots...e.g playing at 3td man position..watch the bat how he moves to hit the ball..:eek:

yasirbhai

School Cricketer
i installed blc 2007 yesterday and played.the kit of all players is not visible instead whitish grey color is showed throughout the body of players and empires while all other colors of stadium are fine.please help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread