Which Is The KING OF KINGS IN Brian Lara Series ?

Which Is The King Of Kings In Brian Lara Series ??

• Total voters

The Champion

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,

I am The Champion & this is my first RUN in Planet Cricket field ! I am glad to meet all of you.... :cheers :hpraise :happy

Now, I've bought Brian Lara International Cricket 2007, Which is the third installment of Brian Lara Series last week. (Not counting 8 bit BLC games by Audiogenic BTW) After playing the game, One thing which immediately striked in my mind... Which is the best game in Brian Lara series ? In other words, WHICH IS THE KING OF KINGS ? I have added a POLE along with this thread to know which one has won more accolades in your heart !! :)

Personally, I felt that Brian Lara Cricket 99 STILL Rules my heart without a shadow of doubt. That certainly doest means the 2005 & 2007 installments are poor. I just say those were not the best !!! You may wonder that the 2007 version has better graphics aswell as the features like online play..... So why its not the best ??

Let me explain ! After All.... We are in 2007 & we would expect any game to be in better graphics. So is the Online Play. its a gift for all of us for sure :clap , But then again..... We are in 2007 !!! But even its Big Brother (BLC 99) has big 8 years gap, Its has most of stuffs that the 2007 doesn?t has.... Mind you, it had its own minor bugs but.... BRIAN LARA CRICKET 99 HAS IT ALL !!

1. Gameplay :- Love it OR Hate it, But till this date, I have never played a cricket game with a better game play as good as BLC 99. Felt so great to play. It was a bit slow just like real match (unlike 2005 & 2007 urging stuff) Almost showed how a cricket game should be !!

1. Graphics :- On those days when we were getting EA Cricket games with players looking like a pest, BLC 99 was a revelation for all of us !! I would easily say that even today its graphics is good enough challenger for EA Sports Cricket 07 (ON LOW GRAPHIC DETAILS)

3. Motion Captures & Animations :- One of the disappointments I felt in 2005 & 2007 versions is that the camera angle immediately moves to the different position once the shot gets completed. This is where I love to see BLC 99 as it gave us a couple of seconds to admire the shots that we/CPU have played. Motion Capture & animations has also played a major part in this. All shots motion capturing like, Front Foot & Back Foot Drives, Hook & Pulls, Sweep & Slog Sweeps, Cuts & Late Cuts, Fine In the air strokes & the classic Straight Drive (The Best) were picture perfect. Although the Fast & slow bowlers had the same Run-Ups, When The released the ball, it zips towards strikers end just like a real bowling. It was looking as if it has power behind it. But it was so disappointing see in BLIC 2005 & 2007 as the ball loops over once the bowler releases it from the hand. looked as if the ball has no pace behind it. Such a shame animation to see on such a modern cricket game.

4. Bat Sliding :- Another disappointments in 2007 installment is that the batsman does not slides his bat in the crease. I have noticed that this has become one of the most annoying thing for many members here. But back in time when I played BLC 99, I had the habit of running for anything after I complete my shot. (Even got run outs few time but that?s a another issue) Every time before I see umpire signaling 4 OR 6, Batsman rushes to the non strikers end by sliding his bat perfectly. So good to see that they have done that 8 years back & so horrible to see by not doing now.

5. Sounds :- When it comes to sounds BLC 99 easily kicks all cricketing games butt right in the middle !!!! :hpraise Not to mention EA's Cricket games aswell !! Where ever you play, The sound & atmosphere were so real & authentic !! Weather its English OR Sub continental OR Caribbean Grounds...... The Atmosphere will be so authentic as if you are there in real !!! Noise & the roar will be totally different weather you are a home team OR visiting team !! Even the menu sound was better when compared with 2007 one !!

Well..... I can just go on & on about BLC 99, But it will look like a BLC 99 thread. These are just samples to say about the game's class. Worse thing is that codemasters should have started from where it dropped. Instead it goes to step backwards !! :crying

To conclude, This eight year old time brother :p (BLC 99) still looks tougher & better and easily beats his 2 yr old (BlIC 2005) Newly born baby brother(BLIC 2007) in terms of gameplay & quality !!

Please share your thoughts !!

Thanks !

Last edited:

The Champion

School Cricketer
Well.... The Poll does shows how much power BLC 99 has even after 8 years... :clap

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BLIC 99 was best game . it has great commentators with good dialouges . Game play was also quite good :clap

Maz

County Cricketer
yeh i must say blc99 was a great game. the commentary and stats especially. altho i also enjoyed audiogenic's games :)

khan31

International Coach
I loved Boycotts odd comments and Agnews fine commentary. They told you it was four as it left the bat.

The Champion

School Cricketer
Quite honestly, I miss BLC 99 alot !!! Its a real shame that Codemasters cant make a game of its class even after 8 freakin years. Man..... Even the edges from the bat looked better in it. Many things to praise...... Few things to complain. Even most of them is because of the time factor !!!

duggrs

School Cricketer
I would sell my gran for a working copy of BLIC 99 on XP, who cares about the graphics??? Working stats and challening classic matches more than make up for it. In the field of gameplay BLIC 99 also dominates any other cricketing game, including EA and the old BLICs, comparing BLIC 99 with BLIC 07 is like watching Hercules fight my mate kev; fun to watch for about 3 minutes until the minnow gets his head kicked in by a vastly superior opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread