Votes: 66 78.6%
  • no

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • may be some other cricket game for wii

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Considering how much effort people are willing to go to just to make EA Cricket playable, it's a walk in the park.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket for the Wii would give me a good excuse to go out and get the console. I don't think that BLIC 07 will be available for it, nor do I think that edits to computer programs will be the same. Codies (or even EA :p) would need to spend a lot of time developing it for it to be worthwhile. I'd bet that there will be one coming out in a few years (BLIC 09?) but probably not anytime soon.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Proper cricket would be nie on impossible to achieve on the wii, this is for many reasons:
1. Bowling would be uber arcadey as the wiimote has no seam so swing and spin would not be possible to apply properly like you would with a real cricket ball
2. To hit a cricket ball in the desired direction you have to have your front foot pointed to where you want it to go, which again isnt possible to incorporate with the wiimote
3. For the people who play with player controlled fielders how are you meant to stimulate catching the ball with the wiimote as surely it would already be in your hand

It would be possible to add spin and swing with the press of a button and the tilting of the remote but that isnt exactly realistic, or fun. However i do feel that a wii sports style cricket game could be released on the VC or something which was really arcadey style cricket like baseball on wii sports, i just dont feel a realistic cricket game would be possible.

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
front/back foot could be done in button too and catching could be the hand positioning....like if its flying over you head you move the wii mote up and if its a catch at you waiste you just move the wii mote that way...just position it how you would position your hand

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I think the technicalities that make Cricket a fairly complex sport would stop the ability to make it on a Wii. As King Pietersen said, things like swing would be too hard to replicate.

I don't think Codies actually have any intention to release BLIC on the Wii anyway

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
The Spin said:
I think the technicalities that make Cricket a fairly complex sport would stop the ability to make it on a Wii. As King Pietersen said, things like swing would be too hard to replicate.

I don't think Codies actually have any intention to release BLIC on the Wii anyway

this thread might be of interest to you - http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150050

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I Hve Lots Of Expectations Form BLIC 07.lets see

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Surely it would be fairly easy to include a mat with the game which could take into account foot placement when batting? (I'm sure there will be something like this out soon for a dance genre game).

As for bowling, as the linked thread says you could turn\twist the control in a variety of ways to replicate swing or spin with use of buttons for faster or slower balls. I'm sure they could include a some kind of ball shaped controller which takes into account finger placement\speed of throw etc but then you have to ask just how much are you willing to pay for a game? The Wii has immense potential it just needs designers to be innovative and forward thinking.

However, I think the idea would be to make the game more interactive rather than represent a true life experience of cricket - if I want that then I'll go and play, not sit in front of a t.v screen.

Madsalty

Club Cricketer
Almost_Austwick said:
However, I think the idea would be to make the game more interactive rather than represent a true life experience of cricket - if I want that then I'll go and play, not sit in front of a t.v screen.

Amen to that

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
Almost_Austwick said:
Surely it would be fairly easy to include a mat with the game which could take into account foot placement when batting? (I'm sure there will be something like this out soon for a dance genre game).

There already is on PS2. It's a game called Dance Factory distributed by Codemasters, so a few tweaks and voila - Codies are making BLIC after all, so it shouldn't be too hard to design.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe for next year, I'm pretty sure they've said not this year but probably in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread