Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

grkrama

National Board President
ya but it should through paypal, but if you dont want to link your card with paypal, use that entropay service i mentioned, it will generate a virtual card for the amount you transferred.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My advice comes with the clarification that I know sod all about banks in India: I assumed that they'd all be mutually compatible since I've bought random things from a lot of countries worldwide and its always worked!

Try giving them a call and ask them why its being declined? That happened with my account a lot last year and it turned out that they thought that it was a fraudulent transaction since I don't normally import Shogi sets from Japan... It might be a similar thing: especially if you've never bought things from Steam or similar places before...

JasXI

Club Captain
Try giving them a call and ask them why its being declined? That happened with my account a lot last year and it turned out that they thought that it was a fraudulent transaction since I don't normally import Shogi sets from Japan... It might be a similar thing: especially if you've never bought things from Steam or similar places before...

This seems to be the problem and I had already planned to call them tomorrow.

Hopefully they will lift the ban on Steam (at least for me)

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My advice comes with the clarification that I know sod all about banks in India: I assumed that they'd all be mutually compatible since I've bought random things from a lot of countries worldwide and its always worked!

Indian Credit Cards need to pass through an additional level of security wherein after the purchase, user needs to enter a password to confirm the purchase. A lot of international payment gateways don't support this and hence the problem.

@JasXI: Would advice you use ICICI's virtual credit card service to generate a virtual credit card number that you can use to make the purchase on steam.

Another option is to add your card to your PayPal account. I am not sure what you meant when you said "PayPal did not work for you". Typically, you add your card to your PayPal account and PayPal charges about $0.95 first time when you add the card. Once that is done, you can use the card for online purchases via PayPal. It has worked for me with HDFC and ICICI credit cards.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Can anyone help me with the Steam purchase?

I am in India trying to use my Visa credit card to purchase the game. However, the transaction fails each time since the bank has the website as insecure or in their blacklist you may say.

Tried this across three banks to the same result.

Any help?

You can purchase a steam gift card(steam wallet) outside & use that gift card in steam.

JasXI

Club Captain
Another option is to add your card to your PayPal account. I am not sure what you meant when you said "PayPal did not work for you". Typically, you add your card to your PayPal account and PayPal charges about $0.95 first time when you add the card. Once that is done, you can use the card for online purchases via PayPal. It has worked for me with HDFC and ICICI credit cards.

Didn't link my PayPal account with the card. Tried to use the card via PayPal for steam and it said 'Bank did not authorise transaction'. How would linking be different?

@surendar: No direct transaction on steam seems possible. What do you mean by outside?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You can purchase steam gift cards in GameStop or amazon & redeem in steam. For US region we see that card sold out in retailer shops like Walmart or bestbuy but not sure on shop names in India.

Steam Wallet Card - found this in google for India but have not used it though. Attached image is from similar GameStop stores.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 28

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thats pure robbery, they are charging 65INR for 1$.:p

Yes it's more than the going rate, but I just wanted to test it out

Pat

International Coach
Didn't link my PayPal account with the card. Tried to use the card via PayPal for steam and it said 'Bank did not authorise transaction'. How would linking be different?

It's worth trying linking the card first. There is nothing to lose anyway.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone in India got the game from online shopping or retail shop other than steam?

Edit : for PC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread