The PlanetCricket View: CA contracts 2011-12

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
But AUS have enough proper top 6 batsmen & proper attacking fast bowlers around for them to need to try a fit in a bits and pieces all-rounder like McDonald.

I'm sure you'll love it when Steve Smith strides out at #6 or #7 in August against Sri Lanka :D

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure you'll love it when Steve Smith strides out at #6 or #7 in August against Sri Lanka :D

Ha well if our idiot selectors do that, then man i dont know what i'll do.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Its quite surprising. Giving the contract to guys like Xavier Doherty and leaving a brilliant batsman and a handy bowler like Simon Katich is very surprising indeed.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ha well if our idiot selectors do that, then man i dont know what i'll do.

Because our idiot selectors keep selecting him for every format, he's climbed up to no 7 on the ranking for contracts. Which means they'll keep selecting him for every format because... he's no 7 on the rankings which means he must be a really bloody good player or else why would they pay him that much?

Yes, it's that's simple-minded, I mean simple. :yes

And there he'll be come August, taking up space in all three teams.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Yes, I read he's risen to #7. But as you say I'm pretty sure you only get that high if you play a lot. Bollinger was at #25, and it's no coincidence he hardly played last season due to injury.

But just on Smith and his spot. Clarke really needs to decide if he wants 2 spinners. It MIGHT be useful on a SL tour, but I can't see too spinners being helpful in SA or against India and NZ this summer in Aus. So maybe the best thing is for Smith to play in SL, but play like rubbish, and then he'll be replaced for the other series.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Its quite surprising. Giving the contract to guys like Xavier Doherty and leaving a brilliant batsman and a handy bowler like Simon Katich is very surprising indeed.

yes they are gone mad

Users who are viewing this thread