Can u really bowl swing with the pace bowlers?

P

potd

I have so far not yet gotten the ball to swing with the pace bowlers, and can get the ball to seam off the pitch sometimes but that's about it.

N

Nirav85

yeah u can, u have to do it off certain pitches to make it more visible...like a green wicket would be good to swing...

P

potd

Originally posted by amir51@Dec 26 2003, 12:55 AM
yeah u can, u have to do it off certain pitches to make it more visible...like a green wicket would be good to swing...
I have tried a green pitch, still can't swing it, and can nearly always get movement of the pitch, I studied the replays allot for when the ball moves off the pitch and cannot detect any swing. I have heard that you have to get the speed marker right on full pace so you can make it swing but that's what I have been doing but still no swing.

P

playjls

you got to get the ball on the limit (ball marker) to make it swing. Thats what i heard.I dont have the game yet.

S

sachin

you don't have to get it on the no-ball marker thingo but it swings more if you do.

P

potd

In spite of having tried all those things to make the ball swing with the fast/medium fast bowlers it still doesn't work. All I can do is make the ball seam off the pitch. To me it sounds like the people here don't know the difference between movement off the pitch and movement in the air.

S

sachin

dude if the ball pitches and then goes bang in one way or the other off the pitch then that is cut but if it pitches and then goes straight for a while or whatever and then swings either way that is swing.or it can swing before it pitches.and thats what it does on my version of the game.(i could be wrong but thats ny understanding.

P

potd

Originally posted by sachin@Dec 26 2003, 04:54 PM
dude if the ball pitches and then goes bang in one way or the other off the pitch then that is cut but if it pitches and then goes straight for a while or whatever and then swings either way that is swing.or it can swing before it pitches.and thats what it does on my version of the game.(i could be wrong but thats ny understanding.
No need to explain to me what the difference between swing & seam bowling. By the way are you using fast/fast medium not medium bowlers to get swing?

S

sachin

usually gellespie gets me the wickets but then agian every now and then mcgrath will get a 5 for.gellespie is a fast bowler.it's not a hugeamount of swing but it's there.

P

potd

I dunno swinging the ball with the fast/fast medium bowlers doesn't seem to work for me in spite what people have told me to do and what I have read. By the way you live in Aus,Sydney?

S

sachin

how dare you say i live in sydney!!!!!!!!!!it's a oinking hole.i don't know if your from there but theres a rivalry,and we don't like them much.sorry being ab it sycho.i live in melbourne the home of cricket in australia (and in my opinion the world).do it your own way dude, find the best way for you.

P

potd

I didn't say you live in Sydney I just was askin. As to what the home of cricket is I don't care, I just was askin cause if you where in Sydney maybe we could meet up for a match.

S

sachin

fari enough dude i just get worked up about sydney.your talking about a cricket match right?how old are you anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread