Can't seem to bat, how do you guys do it?

GrantR

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello all,

I've had BLIC for a couple of weeks now, and no matter how much I play, I just can't seem to get a feel for batting. The problem is that I appear to have no ability at all to judge the timing of the shot, which frustrates me to no end, because it's a lot easier to get bat on ball in real life than in the game (although hitting the ball well is a different story). At no point do I ever feel like I have it figured out - it's like drawing a lottery ticket with every delivery. I can win against most teams in test mode because I can keep their scores low when I'm bowling, but my side certainly does not impress in the batting department :( I think my biggest problem is that I just can't judge ball speed with a 2D image. Maybe I am also too old to have decent reaction times any more :)

I was wondering how you guys bat - I'd especially love to hear from those of you who seem to be able to bat at 10-15 runs an over at test difficulty (!!!!). Do you have any particular tricks or techniques that seem to help you time a ball well? Dealing with varying speed deliveries? Any tips for keeping confidence up? (my guys lose confidence at the drop of a hat, even just leaving a ball will cause confidence loss?!?) When do you choose shot direction - before or after the bowler lets the ball go? Playing a defensive shot seems as difficult as playing an attacking shot. Is there any reason to ever try to defend?

I've tried doing some forum searches but haven't really found anything useful. "just practice more" is one common answer, but it doesn't help me at all when I don't actually know what to try to get better.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Look at the black and white timing bar in the bottom right corner near the batsman and bowler confidence.

Try hitting on the bounce. If it is fast, jam the button down as quickly as possible. I have the same problem, but you have to concentrate. After 2-3 overs, it becomes a little more easier...

Trying working your way up through the difficulties.... might help a bit.

I ahve trouble bowling and cant take wickets.... but my batting is alright lol

Look at the pace meter.. if its a special it'll be quick when high, if not it'll be slower when above the white line, fast on the line, and slow under the line..

If that doesn't help, use the timing bar, or just watch the ball and hit

For the shots, u should know what shot ur going to play and hold down the buttons be4 the ball even comes (direction buttons) and then press the shot button (numpad 4, 6 or 2) after the ball has come to u... its not like in C2005.. totally different

One of my biggest problems is trying to hit the ball through the gaps and make some bloody runs.

Users who are viewing this thread