Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Players retiring were in C19. On another note can anyone advise on how to get more wickets or even consistence for a fast/medium bowler. Either on hard or easy settings I still average around 60. Tried changing wicket chance and even physics settings but that hasn't made a difference. Cheers

*Edit I changed striker timing down to 40 and wicket chance to 80 for County first class innings and finished with 4-19 think I went to far down the rabbit hole!

Last edited:

micgrech

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am an a batting allrounder bowling spin. Two problems.

1. I never get a bowl....in any game.

2. when practicing in the nets I bowl pace and not spin. Is this a known problem that is being worked on?

Cheers

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

2. when practicing in the nets I bowl pace and not spin. Is this a known problem that is being worked on?

Cheers
That surprises me as I'm a batting allrounder (albeit pace) and are normally first change. You should definitely be getting a bowl at some point.
The nets and a whole host of other items are faulty in career mode, I have asked the question if a patch is being worked on but no reply. They seem more bothered about adding sponsors to the boundary ropes than actual gameplay

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

Cheers
I'm also a batting all-rounder bowling spin, I bowl all the time, too much I think! what platform you on, im on PS5

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm also a batting all-rounder bowling spin, I bowl all the time, too much I think! what platform you on, im on PS5
Same here lads. Batting all-rounder bowling spin and I also bowl first change (hahahaha FFS) and I do way more bowling than I probably should.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
No until you become captain and then you can bowl yourself as a part timer.

See, I'd like to play, but I don't want to bowl loads....

Also is career mode really playable yet or is it still buggy as hell?

weeramanthrie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
20220130002401_1.jpg

How to change the uniform of your career team? The odi kit is not selected for my team but chosen for the opposition team. Please help?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
What happened to our career players seeing characters such as doctors etc. that BA & Bajo also went to such great lengths to promise us was coming in the career mode in their pre-release hype of a fully finished & polished product too????

Has anyone ever seen a doctor yet lol? Has anyone even been injured? I've repeatedly tried to deliberately injure myself (or the game has certainly tried its best by bowling me for 30 overs per innings as an all-rounder before I bat too) but as with the rest of the career mode, it's just an empty shell. The fatigue system is still just for show only & taking massage or spa days doesn't actually show us if we're fatigued or if we generally have low or high stamina anywhere. (We still have the same old stamina bar in every match but it's always full or near full, & never really goes down even after non-stop aggressive batting without any defending/leaving & the bowlers (AI or human) don't even get worn out like they did in C19 either, they're all generically superhuman.)

How does a 2 day health spa also just give a lowly moderate reduction in fatigue yet just 1 day at the exact same spa gives a significant reduction in fatigue???? (It's been the same since release & they fixed how all that part of it looked, so how on earth does that work? Or are we in fact booking in to the holy health spa of ironic time periods, with inclusive life training never to change out of a set of cricket whites & the previously hidden health benefits of operating a running conveyor or jumping up onto a large box in spikes?)

I've still only ever seen ONE press conference to date since release despite advancing multiple careers too & then they broke them again as well anyway. Still, they're a mess too if reports of their function here or Youtube videos of them in action are anything to go by with most of them being completely reversed or backwards, (useful).

We're all used to the modern concept of "disaster planning" in this day & age but BA truly have managed to plan a bloody disaster!!!

If you're months behind schedule, nothing is anywhere near ready, & the product is ultimately a real mess, dressing a muppet in cricket whites & having them joke that you need to pre-order such an awesome game just isn't going to really help anything no matter how jovial you try to make it all!! (If I was Bajo I'd have more than one reason to be pissed off ;). BUT, I'm sure the guy is also none to happy at being used to push C22 on a completely unsuspecting fan base (especially how BA had him pushing the whole career mode aspect that hard but never actually showed any of it in the pre-release hype or interviews & of course we all now know why), for his name to now be associated with a primary lesson in exactly what NOT to do unless you actively want to run repeat exercises in lost trust.) Personally, I'm an arsehole so I'm up there on the twatter scale but I've always been an arsehole & the occasional bitch is simply inevitable (undoubtedly one of the great benefits of military service), but I certainly can't be accused of trying to disguise that lol ;)!!

The good news is I am in fact perfectly capable of zipping it & self moderating if or when I so choose, the question is, will BA fix all of this before the Ashes Summer 2023????

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Anyone know how to get. Chance playing in Ipl in career mode i have done everything right in batting bowling playing for international team for 2 years still no ipl or hundred every time draft appears in careers mode but cannot select by any team so frustrating .....

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Anyone know how to get. Chance playing in Ipl in career mode i have done everything right in batting bowling playing for international team for 2 years still no ipl or hundred every time draft appears in careers mode but cannot select by any team so frustrating .....

If C19 is anything to go by as a rough gauge then offers for IPL do take some time & effort to achieve. It's the pinnacle of the short format in a career mode.

Player overall rating always seemed to play a part in C19 before an IPL offer was made so push your stats as high as possible & keep hitting the gym too. In game IPL offers also usually come after you've been well established at an international level for at least a couple of tournaments too depending on how well you performed, so you may have to continue proving yourself in the short format at the international level and/or do very well in at least one other domestic T20 tournament. Meet all of thise requirements & eventually the IPL offer will come.

Having said all of that, we're now talking about the C22 career mode!! Ergo, all bets are off as to whether something will even work or not ;).

Users who are viewing this thread