Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Online Cricket Games Owned
If C19 is anything to go by as a rough gauge then offers for IPL do take some time & effort to achieve. It's the pinnacle of the short format in a career mode.

Player overall rating always seemed to play a part in C19 before an IPL offer was made so push your stats as high as possible & keep hitting the gym too. In game IPL offers also usually come after you've been well established at an international level for at least a couple of tournaments too depending on how well you performed, so you may have to continue proving yourself in the short format at the international level and/or do very well in at least one other domestic T20 tournament. Meet all of thise requirements & eventually the IPL offer will come.

Having said all of that, we're now talking about the C22 career mode!! Ergo, all bets are off as to whether something will even work or not ;).
I was offered the chance to go into the IPL draft. Said yes, didnt get drafted.

Has anyone been offered a contract for The Hundred?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ve had some comedy moments in my career so far with some of the unfortunate errors that have been well documented here but best one yet …. Just made England ODI squad and guess who is captain…. Dom Sibley :):) …. Laughed out loud when I saw that , think his strike rate is about 150 too

stanchez47

Little Timmy
It’s seriously embarrassing. Press conferences have no tangible relevance to your career AND are just wrong. How are you handling being knocked out of the tournament? We’re not playing in one. How’s the team handling the loss? We won! What’s it like making 100? I didn’t bat but I’m sure it’s nice.

Also in the ongoing saga of who works at the fitness centre this time round it was the egg head journalist from the press conference! What a fall from grace!!!

On a different topic - has anyone got past level 1 perks and how do perks actually effect stats? You get a “boost” but what is the actual boost!!!

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
It’s seriously embarrassing. Press conferences have no tangible relevance to your career AND are just wrong. How are you handling being knocked out of the tournament? We’re not playing in one. How’s the team handling the loss? We won! What’s it like making 100? I didn’t bat but I’m sure it’s nice.

Also in the ongoing saga of who works at the fitness centre this time round it was the egg head journalist from the press conference! What a fall from grace!!!

On a different topic - has anyone got past level 1 perks and how do perks actually effect stats? You get a “boost” but what is the actual boost!!!
It is very true about those press conferences and cut scenes did nobody QA them in testing , got picked for England, when introduced to team I’m wearing Sussex whites , and so on , game is getting better slowly but career mode definitely has some rough edges :)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is very true about those press conferences and cut scenes did nobody QA them in testing , got picked for England, when introduced to team I’m wearing Sussex whites , and so on , game is getting better slowly but career mode definitely has some rough edges :)
This is my personal favourite so far in my career:

20220126145858_1.jpg

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I haven't had one press conference yet, in my second season at County Level, selected to play for WA in November, currently playing in CPL. I mean has it not activated in my game along with the throwing at a wicket mini game?!
Meeting my CPL team in my Surrey kit in my first club team changing room is funny but does ruin it slightly.

You are right though so many things need tweaking/adding but in general I still look forward to playing for a couple of hours each evening.

Mark1961

School Cricketer
Please can someone explain this to me ?. Started a new career, control setting was on 36, I find this is often low, so decided this timeI would go in the Gym before every game & go on the rowing machine to boost my control stats. After one season my player had improved from a 69 to a 78ovr, the six other stats for my player had improved, but the control was now down to 19 ? I had a good season with bat and ball, I just dont understand how these stats work ?, they seem as random as press conferences.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Please can someone explain this to me ?. Started a new career, control setting was on 36, I find this is often low, so decided this timeI would go in the Gym before every game & go on the rowing machine to boost my control stats. After one season my player had improved from a 69 to a 78ovr, the six other stats for my player had improved, but the control was now down to 19 ? I had a good season with bat and ball, I just dont understand how these stats work ?, they seem as random as press conferences.

Because its broken. Thats the best answer I can give.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Playing Career for the first time in a while. My first one corrupted at the end of the first season and I have no confidence that this one won’t do the same! (PS4). I’m playing as a spinner and was disappointed to take a few wickets caught off the boot in my last Club 3-day game. I know others have mentioned this but I haven’t had this in Play Now. Used to happen a lot in earlier games.

As others have mentioned, achieving Ideal release also seems impossible. I do hope that it doesn’t corrupt though because I’m enjoying it and have had problems with Career in other games. I got a double offer or something and just couldn’t go further in Ashes I think. Even in Cricket 19 I had a crash when simming the rest of the game and typically the resim didn’t work out the same and cost us a place in the final!

At least it was sunny in my last match in Pakistan because Play Now is constantly cloudy and even Player Creator is all in shadow!

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Playing Career for the first time in a while. My first one corrupted at the end of the first season and I have no confidence that this one won’t do the same! (PS4). I’m playing as a spinner and was disappointed to take a few wickets caught off the boot in my last Club 3-day game. I know others have mentioned this but I haven’t had this in Play Now. Used to happen a lot in earlier games.

As others have mentioned, achieving Ideal release also seems impossible. I do hope that it doesn’t corrupt though because I’m enjoying it and have had problems with Career in other games. I got a double offer or something and just couldn’t go further in Ashes I think. Even in Cricket 19 I had a crash when simming the rest of the game and typically the resim didn’t work out the same and cost us a place in the final!

At least it was sunny in my last match in Pakistan because Play Now is constantly cloudy and even Player Creator is all in shadow!
I've been lucky enough to never have a crash and I think the works BA have done to stability and the way the games are saved could help recover if it does happen to you again. Fingers crossed for you though.
On the bat boot dismissals unfortunately these are quite regular and you could easily see a 5-for of these in an innings.
I'm actually a fast / medium and have never had an LBW. In general there are lots of things in career mode that need fixing/adding, hoping that once BA get to a point with general gameplay they will concentrate on the individual game types.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
I've been lucky enough to never have a crash and I think the works BA have done to stability and the way the games are saved could help recover if it does happen to you again. Fingers crossed for you though.
On the bat boot dismissals unfortunately these are quite regular and you could easily see a 5-for of these in an innings.
I'm actually a fast / medium and have never had an LBW. In general there are lots of things in career mode that need fixing/adding, hoping that once BA get to a point with general gameplay they will concentrate on the individual game types.

I've taken 350 test wickets in my career as a leg spinner and I reckon 80% are bat/pad to short leg, leg slip or playing the ball off the boot. But.............................

Last patch we did get different hair colors!

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
More comedy moments in career mode , I’m 3-0 up in Ashes series but cutscene of newspaper stand says “thrilling Ashes series all square coming to old Trafford “ or something similar, and just for fun they’ve chuck in a test series against India as well in between 3rd and 4th tests against the Aussies … I know we play a lot of cricket these days but …..

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They should add atleast the Fixed Far and Close cameras for batting in the nets because for people who use front on camera while batting simply cannot enjoy the batting in career nets due to the absence of cameras...

I have raised tickets several times but seems it is not a priority for them or can it be so complicated to add these cameras in nets...

Without these cameras it becomes boring and useless to bat in the nets from behind the batsman....

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Any idea how to improve turn on career mode my level is currently 65 for turn and haven’t a clue how to improve skills and perks I’m 9 years in to my career with an overall rating of 89

Users who are viewing this thread