Career mode in cricket

deeb

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been after a proper career mode in a cricket game for ages.

Its all very well changing one of the players names to include yours, but most of these games you still have to control the natsman at the other end too.

Bowling's quite good, as you can 'sim' the other over, but the batting doesn't quite do it.

Like others have said, if you can do it in fifa and pes, why not in cricket?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
TBH it's tricky to develop and no company is willing to spend the time, effort and money to do it right.

Expect one when EA does another cricket game though.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
TAOC does not have next-gen graphics, that's not good graphics. Nevertheless, it dosen't take away from the fact that the gameplay could be good.

On Cricket Life... Yeah, I agree. Won't come out for ages. Only thing, though, is why would they sign Michael Hussey up if no game existed?

AC 09 is really just a slog fest. Forget career mode, first give me a proper cricket sim, then work on career mode. This is what the football sims did. They have 2 career modes too, Manager Mode and Be a Pro.

CR was just as bad, though graphics make it worse than AC. EA's won't come out...

So yeah, nothing.

I wish I was into baseball, would've loved The Show. If the same quality was available in basketball or something, I'd be happy.

NBA 2K10 they added a new feature where you can create a player and start your career, its really cool you should check it out.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I hated NBA 2K10, I guess the controls aren't at all newbie friendly.

Though I love NBA Live 10. The presentation and commentary are much better. I've just got the two demos now, but I hated 2K10 and loved Live 10. I've been playing the Live demo more than Uncharted, actually. I love the whole thing, so I'll probably buy Live 11.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
That just proves you don't play a lot of basketball games because NBA 2K10 is amazing, Live is so fake and 2K is very realistic. I know that Live can be very fun and all but the problem is though compared to 2K from a basketball fanatic standpoint, 2K kicks butt. No contest, 2K all the way.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
dreaming for a while ...

I have been dreaming of playing a game which had a career mode since I was 10 years old. I am 24 now, i really hope something comes right soon :eek:

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
We might see one next year with the ODI word cup. EA announced they'll be doing Rugby 2012 in time for the rugby world cup bext year after a 4 year "break" from the series. They're hoping to get extra. They're hoping with all the hype from the world cup they will get some extra sales.

Hitterman

International Coach
I have been dreaming of playing a game which had a career mode since I was 10 years old. I am 24 now, i really hope something comes right soon :eek:
Just asking, what features you look in the Career Mode? Can you please tell me in detail? I just wanted to know what people are exactly looking for when they say "Career Mode".:).
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread