Career mode in cricket

mytimeisnow

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel its about time EA Sports or Codemasters introduce Career Mode in Cricket Games.
Both have been working on excellent cricket games for a while now.
Then why not Career Mode.
Having a custom player or any International or Domestic Player fight for a place in the team, then a captain and aiming for the world cup win.
A manager mode or a coach mode too.

IPL/KFC BIGBASH/ENGLISH COUNTY/CLT20/T20 WORLD CUP/S.African T20

If you can make career mode in ████ football games then why not cricket.

I feel this Idea should be implemented in future cricketing games making it more interesting.

I hope EA Cricket comes up with something of this kind.

Guys what do you think....?

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Well it's what we're hoping for but unitl then we've only got adding ourselves as players in our teams on ICC and CC

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Cricket Life is kind of career moda, though it's coming out like December 2010 :doh .

P

pcfan123

Cricket Life is kind of career moda, though it's coming out like December 2010 :doh .

Its coming out in 2090 the way things are going.

Who cares about this game, its been in development for so long that by the time it is released the engine and graphics will be horribly out of date.

Best bet is AC2 or whatever the sequel to AC09 is called. It should basically be AC09 with some spit and polish and a lot of new features.

D

Dutch

Well its all been said and done before but nothing beats something like Fifa or PES for inspiration as to how to do a career mode! I wouldn't think it was that hard to do: basically just database work but then again I know as much about programming as I do about social etiquette you bunch of smelly morons!:D

coolz_hari

International Coach
well i m playing career mode :banana2

Now i am really enjoying ASHES 2009 than ever.
What i did is i replaced one poor player from squad & renamed to my name. I assigned all skills to 50 points. match stats as 00 .I replaced one of the player from squad & i am playing as a new player. Great thing about this game is stats gets updated regularly. In this way i am able to play Career mode. I should thank Colin for his player editor.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We always do receive an answer, " Career mode is not there but you can create a custom player & make him play for any nation! ". ICC series season mode + current EA/AC series should cultivate more interests among the cricket fans.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Who cares about this game, its been in development for so long that by the time it is released the engine and graphics will be horribly out of date.

so what about taoc it has been in develepment from 5 years but still has good graphics

P

pcfan123

Nothing comparable to sports games that come out nowadays. Look at MLB the show, it makes AC09 look like atari

P

pcfan123

Same story different game. TAOC guys are not going to be able to compete graphically and I dont think they are even trying to.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
well i m playing career mode :banana2

Now i am really enjoying ASHES 2009 than ever.
What i did is i replaced one poor player from squad & renamed to my name. I assigned all skills to 50 points. match stats as 00 .I replaced one of the player from squad & i am playing as a new player. Great thing about this game is stats gets updated regularly. In this way i am able to play Career mode. I should thank Colin for his player editor.

Really great idea, I will also try it.Thanks to your idea.I will too enjoy playing AC09 now.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
TAOC does not have next-gen graphics, that's not good graphics. Nevertheless, it dosen't take away from the fact that the gameplay could be good.

On Cricket Life... Yeah, I agree. Won't come out for ages. Only thing, though, is why would they sign Michael Hussey up if no game existed?

AC 09 is really just a slog fest. Forget career mode, first give me a proper cricket sim, then work on career mode. This is what the football sims did. They have 2 career modes too, Manager Mode and Be a Pro.

CR was just as bad, though graphics make it worse than AC. EA's won't come out...

So yeah, nothing.

I wish I was into baseball, would've loved The Show. If the same quality was available in basketball or something, I'd be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread