Career Mode Talk

I've had almost the opposite... Teams making 500+ consistently, I bat at 7, and commonly come out at like 350/400 for 5. I'm playing in NZ though, so maybe it's dependent on pitches? Every single game I've played has been soft/grassy. (You'd think that would help bowlers, but apparently not...)

You on xbox or ps4? What AI difficulty do you play on?

What’s everyone’s experience like with batting and bowling difficulty in career mode? I’m a batting allrounder - batting is fine albeit I have no power and haven’t hit a single boundary in 4 games. But bowling seems a too easy. Averaging under 10 with the ball.

I’ve noticed under the difficulty settings the AI values for every base difficulty (rookie, pro, veteran etc) are the same. Striker timing, wicket chance, bowl quality, run rate all at 50. I’ve adjusted the veteran difficulty settings to see if it makes a difference to improve striker timing for the AI and decrease wicket chance for my player.

You on xbox or ps4? What AI difficulty do you play on?

Xbox, and whatever the default is (I'd assume Pro - med/med?). I did play some Ashes Mode on Vet hard/hard, but I doubt it would have carried over to career.

Speaking of which, I LOVE that you can play Ashes Mode as a single player instead of the whole team.

Reactions: DAP
Xbox, and whatever the default is (I'd assume Pro - med/med?). I did play some Ashes Mode on Vet hard/hard, but I doubt it would have carried over to career.

Speaking of which, I LOVE that you can play Ashes Mode as a single player instead of the whole team.
That was the same case in Ashes Cricket, you could play as one player.

Can you select a difficulty for career mode or does it start from like a pre set

Thank you Big Ant career mode fixed I can see ODI World Cup upcoming on schedule :D

But bowling seems a too easy. Averaging under 10 with the ball.

Also playing a batting allrounder, just finished my first season with zero wickets, super frustrating. Took 100s of wickets in the previous games but can't seem to even cause an edge this time around

Finished my first season as a batting all rounder playing for Bayswater-Morley in Perth. My old team in real life. Averaged 30 with the bat - made a couple of 60 not outs in the 3 day games. Averaging 30 with the ball also as a medium fast bowler. Really enjoying career mode. We won two of three titles (lost T20 final to Claremont) and I played a hand in both the T20 and one day finals played at the WACA.[DOUBLEPOST=1559475678][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also playing a batting allrounder, just finished my first season with zero wickets, super frustrating. Took 100s of wickets in the previous games but can't seem to even cause an edge this time around
Bowling has gotten harder now that I have removed the bowling timing hud, and increased the AI difficulty to veteran. Still getting wickets, averaging just over 30 with the ball at an economy rate of 4.

Is anybody else (in batting career) facing an unholy amount of left arm bowlers at club level?

It would be nice if we could start as Other International teams also when starting career

have they fixed the 'lets constantly bowl around the wicket' thing from previous DB titles? Nothing used to annoy me more than constantly facing RHFM or RHF bowlers bowling around the wicket for 90% of their deliveries.

Man this a real grind and a slog so far as a batting all rounder. I really hope it all works out. I'm currently stuck in club level and can't increase any batting stats until I unlock another ability tier, which is a long way off, coz I'm batting #5 and don't get much time at the crease to actually bat..... Not complaining, just hope once i get promoted to state level the ability tiers are easy to acquire with a higher level of xp earned, or I get promoted to 2nd drop and get to actually bat. I'm simulating bowling, I just want to score runs for now. Will be in 3rd season of club land soon. Truly is a grind and hopefully rewarding

Man this a real grind and a slog so far as a batting all rounder. I really hope it all works out. I'm currently stuck in club level and can't increase any batting stats until I unlock another ability tier, which is a long way off, coz I'm batting #5 and don't get much time at the crease to actually bat..... Not complaining, just hope once i get promoted to state level the ability tiers are easy to acquire with a higher level of xp earned, or I get promoted to 2nd drop and get to actually bat. I'm simulating bowling, I just want to score runs for now. Will be in 3rd season of club land soon. Truly is a grind and hopefully rewarding

You could always change selection status to easiest for club level, I did this, got selected for 1st class at latter end of first season , have now switch selection status back to normal, it is challenging with low skilled player too :)

There is a perk to increase experience by 1.25 X, maybe you should put that on ;)

Users who are viewing this thread