Casson trades in Perth for Sydney

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's not that hard to be the 3rd best leggie when there are only 3 leggies around ;) The Queenland ones haven't done much yet. Doran is basically another MacGill though so there is potential there.

James219

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
AusRule said:
Dan Cullen will replace Warne when he retires & also I think MacGill will proberly retire at the end of this Domestic season or early next year which means if Australia wanna play two spinners they can play Cullen Bailey who i think after MacGill is the best Leg Spinner in the country.

No, not necessarily. He would be the favourite to do so, yeah, but it is unknown how long Warne will continue playing at Test level, and as a result, there is plenty of time for developing spinners to emerge and impress. Anything can happen in the future- Cullen may experience a dramatic loss of form, hence opening the door for others....

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
James219 said:
No, not necessarily. He would be the favourite to do so, yeah, but it is unknown how long Warne will continue playing at Test level, and as a result, there is plenty of time for developing spinners to emerge and impress. Anything can happen in the future- Cullen may experience a dramatic loss of form, hence opening the door for others....

I agree, Warne says he will play to the next Ashes so lots of time for a spinner to step up. As I said Qld have two talented guys, Casson is bound to improve leaps and bounds. WA is bound to find another spinner to replace Hogg so definitely a wait and see.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeh there was an off-spinner over here called Aaron Heal that was coming through the ranks with Casson. Not sure what happened to him.

Users who are viewing this thread