Krejza moves to Tasmania

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Jason Krejza will move to Tasmania next month in an effort to increase his opportunities at first-class level. Tasmania have been without a top-of-the-line spinner for some time and Krejza, who has been competing for a place in the New South Wales team with Stuart MacGill, Nathan Hauritz and Beau Casson, could potentially fill that gap.

Full article here

Good to see him move as he looks to have talent but we've got way too many spinners.

That's excellent for him and for Tassie and doesn't really hurt NSW too much. A great move all round. Hope he plays in the Twenty20 series.

He should be in the their side for every game as I don't really see a spinner in the Tassie lineup atm and Krejza batting is decent engouh.

aussie1st said:
He should be in the their side for every game as I don't really see a spinner in the Tassie lineup atm and Krejza batting is decent engouh.
Doherty is a decent spinner, about the same standard as Krezja. I don't see a spot for Krezja in the four-day lineup, as Drew, Hilfenhaus, Griffith, Wright and Geeves are effectively fighting for four spots and pose a selection dilemma as it is if they all get fit. Tassie's bowling line-up will be very hard for him to crack into, especially considering half of the matches will be at Bellerive, a pretty ordinary oval for spinners.

Well his batting is handy enough so he could get in as a batsmen or Wright could bat as a batsmen. Obviously they won't need a spinner in Bellerive but elsewhere like Perth, Sydney and Adelaide a spinner will be needed. Also they could always drop Dighton then pick Krejza.

he was a good little hander player for us who could fill in, he was getting games in OD form were he was getting smashed but not really in the four day were he would have more talent as hes not really an econimacal bowler

aussie1st said:
Well his batting is handy enough so he could get in as a batsmen or Wright could bat as a batsmen. Obviously they won't need a spinner in Bellerive but elsewhere like Perth, Sydney and Adelaide a spinner will be needed. Also they could always drop Dighton then pick Krejza.
My First XI for Tassie (assuming all are fit and Ponting is off with Australia)

Di Venuto
Paine (+)
Bevan
Birt
Bailey
Dighton
Marsh
Wright
Hilfenhaus
Drew
Griffith

Possibly chuck Anderson or Butterworth in for Dighton, Geeves in for Drew or Wright. Doherty in if we need a spinner, although on most pitches Dan Marsh's part-timers may do the trick. This Krezja character might be good but I personally don't think he has picked the right state to move to. As far as I know Queensland don't have a spinner, Western Australia have Heal but they could afford to play two spinners on the pitches they're producing this year, and Victoria don't really have a spinner that turns it.

Well a good move by Krezja. We have to many spinners. I liked watching him play though.

we had a good little thing going there, Hauritz will play both OD and FC and if we need the extra spinner Casson will play the 4 day and Krezja the OD

tassietiger said:

Di Venuto
Paine (+)
Bevan
Birt
Bailey
Dighton
Marsh
Wright
Hilfenhaus
Drew
Griffith

Possibly chuck Anderson or Butterworth in for Dighton, Geeves in for Drew or Wright. Doherty in if we need a spinner, although on most pitches Dan Marsh's part-timers may do the trick. This Krezja character might be good but I personally don't think he has picked the right state to move to. As far as I know Queensland don't have a spinner, Western Australia have Heal but they could afford to play two spinners on the pitches they're producing this year, and Victoria don't really have a spinner that turns it.

Queensland have got Chris Simpson who plays OD games. And usually Symonds in the 4 day games.

Queensland also have a ton of spinners. Simpson, Doran and Le Loux. WA is the weakest in that department but knocking off Heal and Hogg would have been the same as knocking off MacGill/Haurie.

My starting Tassie XI:

Paine
Di Venuto
Bevan
Birt
Bailey
Marsh
Krezja/dighton- depends on pitch if they need the spinner
Wright/Geeves
Drew
Hilfenhaus
Griffith

tassietiger said:

Di Venuto
Paine (+)
Bevan
Birt
Bailey
Dighton
Marsh
Wright
Hilfenhaus
Drew
Griffith

its a shame he cant throw, us west aussies call him overthrows ;)

Users who are viewing this thread