Champions League-Fair??

What do you think should be changed in the CLT20?

• Total voters

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
@dare:i meant we should have only one team from each of the top 10 nations.that way,a team from Bangladesh and Zimbabwe can also participate.

Yea totally missed on that. Bangladesh should get a team in for sure and I would like for Zimbabwe to get one in too.

Dare added 4 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

It's basically from the soccer version which also has non champions participating. The main problem with our one is Pakistan being locked out of the tournament, you can't have one of the big Cricket nations not participating. And after reading up on the UFEA CL, I notice they have coefficients to determine how many teams a country gets, so it offers each country a chance to get more teams in through performance than in the boardroom.

So if lets say the Aussies slip up in the ranking and go down to #7 or #8 they would lose one of their spots? And if the West Indies moved up they would get one more spot?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So if lets say the Aussies slip up in the ranking and go down to #7 or #8 they would lose one of their spots? And if the West Indies moved up they would get one more spot?

It's how the teams do in the Champions League rather than how the National team does. I still don't fully understand how it works but it's a lot easier in soccer with so many teams. Here is the site to explain it a bit more UEFA coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In the football Champions League there are a lot of countries and club teams. That's why the coefficiencies are being used. In contrary to cricket, there aren't that many top national teams. So you would expect that in cricket there could be a more fair system.

Users who are viewing this thread