Champions League will start on December 3

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The inaugural Champions League Twenty20 will be played between December 3 and 10, instead of October, the organisers - the boards of India, Australia and South Africa - have announced. To accommodate the change, the first Test between Australia and South Africa in Perth has been pushed back from December 12 to December 17.

The eight-team tournament was initially due to begin on September 29, the reserve day of the Champions Trophy final, but the ICC was unhappy with its timing, given its close proximity to the Pakistan event. It asked the three founding members of the Champions League to rethink the programme.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/t20champions/content/current/story/365001.html

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, It is a very good gesture shown by the 3 Cricket boards.
Also, December being a winter season in India, the weather will be perfect for good cricket.
Hats off to BCCI, CA and CSA.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
If I had a buck for the amount of cricketers, coaches and administrators who've 'assured' us that test cricket will never take a back seat to Twenty20 cricket since the IPL I'd be as rich as the players, and here we are, test cricket taking a back seat to Twenty20 cricket.

I can't wait for the next person to tell us how important test cricket is and how Twenty20 will never push it aside.

India2011

Club Cricketer
^^ Well, keep in mind that it is just one test that they are pushing back to accomodate, this new, never done before idea and test it out - they had to make some window.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The only problem is that the IPL teams are dependent on having international players. If they could deal with that, they wouldn't need any windows.

Users who are viewing this thread