Changes;

sammiller

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My man of the matches are Rovers only, unless I can't decide^^^^

Thanks everyone, I'll try and make it more presentation friendly from now on!

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah it seems to be coming together now, I'd hate to take Rovers to the Championship!;)

sammiller

Club Cricketer
READING

v

BLACKBURN ROVERS

5 Minutes: Fae plays the ball into Fellaini. He turns on a sixpence and shoots...Robinson sticks a glove out to palm the ball away. Reading continue to press.. a wonderful cross is whipped in. Ferreria runs into the ball - the ball just goes wide. Rovers are under the cosh here.

13 Minutes: Rigters collects the ball, and runs with it at quite some pace. He plays a wonderful pass to Santa Cruz - the hitman is in behind the defence. The angle is tight, but he shoots....... saved! Federici fists the ball away!

43 Minutes: Villanueva has a free kick 25 yards out. He takes a deep breath. The free kick is over the ball, and curling towards the top corner....GOAL! NO! Somehow Federici tips the ball away, to the Chileans despair!

HALF TIME: The scores are level, whilst Rovers will be the more contented of the two sides!

48 Minutes:Harper has the ball, receiving tentative booing from his former supporters. He moves the ball along to Villanueva, who plays a through ball into the gap. Al-Hawasawi runs onto it, and a big first touch allows him away from the defender....he shapes up, looks at the corner....GOAL! The ball nestles into the bottom left corner and he races to the Blackburn support! 1-0!

fans.jpg

Rovers fans celebrate the goal!

55 Minutes: Doyle is clean through, a fantastic opportunity for him to score... Samba is there with a fantastic challenge, and the score remains with Rovers in the lead!

69 Minutes:Rosenior crosses into the area....Doyle reaches to head the ball...the ball is saved by Robinson comfortably!
doyle_meg.jpg

Doyle denied

90 Minutes:Ferreria beats Doyle in the air, and passes it to the left hand side... the pass is poorly miscued, and Long has the ball in a threatening position...he shoots, it hits Ryan Nelsen...the keeper is wrong footed... SOMEHOW HE STRETCHES TO TIP IT OVER! He looked beaten there, and Ferreria thanks his goalkeeper!

MOTM - Carlos Villanueva / Ryan Nelsen

1400906758-soccer-barclays-premier-.jpg
Hunt and Warnock challenge for ball​

PhilD123

International Coach
Just hanging on there at the end. Brilliant turnaround to the domestic season, knew United would win though:p. Nice use of pictures recently, keep it up!

sammiller

Club Cricketer
ROVERS

V

ZENIT

arshavin.jpg

Arshavin in his Zenit days

*Arshavin out with injury, makes bench

6 MINUTES: Faizulin crosses the ball from the corner..Rigters manages to intercept the ball went and clear. Tymoschuk meets the ball from 25 yards..GOAL! He drilled it low and true, beating Robinson! Ewood Park is silenced by an excellent goal!

**** Rovers are all over Zenit but are struggling to create a clear cut chance!

40 Minutes: Villanueva runs with the ball, creates space, shoots...just wide!

49 Minutes:Harper hoofs the ball forward. Santa Cruz heads the ball home...GOAL! He aimed for Al-Hawasawi but it went straight in! 1-1!

santa.jpg

Santa Cruz celebrates leveller!

**** Arshavin came on to a rapturous resception from both Rovers and Zenit fans!

**** Final Score :
Rovers 1-1 Zenit

A game of few chances, with Rovers having 7 shots to Zenits 1!

sammiller

Club Cricketer
FULHAM

V

ROVERS

1 MIN: Smertin has the ball in a convincing position.... he plays a superb ball to play Dempsey through - he has a fantastic opportunity to score early! He shoots! Nelsen blocks the shot and Ferreria clears!

7 MINS:Villanueva has the ball from a free kick. He shapes up and whips a fantastic delivery into the area, right onto Santa Cruz's head! The header is goalbound...the ball crashes off Hangeland! GOAL! The near post header is deflected!

santa-cruz-260x360.jpg

Santa Cruz celebrates

15 MINS: Eddie Johnson is advancing with the ball here - he fires a rasping effort - saved by Robinson!

36 MINS: Dempsey crosses the ball, Johnson powers forward.....he heads it - GOAL! NO! Side netting, the home fans thought they'd levelled it!

39 MINS:Santa Cruz sprays the ball forward to Al-Hawasawi, who fires the ball towards the net - saved!

42 MINS: Santa Cruz plays a wonderful ball through...GOAL! Al-Hawasawi ran through and drilled it home; he's in red hot form!

90 MINS: Fulham have attacked for the second half, but to no avail; Rovers's defence is too stern!

78084958.jpg

Nelsen wins in air again

MOTM - Santa Cruz

Last edited:

sammiller

Club Cricketer
If possible could people post questions for:

-The manager
-Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi
-Andrey Arshavin

Theres going to be a Q & A session.

Thankyou

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Again some good results there. The win away to Reading is crucial as well. The South Americans doing well as well.

Questions:

Manager - How would you rate your team's progress in the season so far? Are you satisfied and what areas are you looking to work on?

Al-Hawasawi - First of all congratulations on your quite brilliant start in the Premier League. How has it been to settle into one of the toughest leagues in the world?

Arshavin - How are you finding it at Ewood park? (besides the weather, which we know is warmer than Russia) Your comments on the club, team, colleagues, and the manager. Do you see yourself remaining here for some time or do you still harbour ambitions of playing for FC Barcelona?

sammiller

Club Cricketer
ROVERS ENDURE TORRID CHRISTMAS PERIOD

Blackburn Rovers have been on a torrid run of form over the christmas period; the only present on the wishlist of their supporters being an overdue victory - or maybe some half decent defending. After a good start to december with victories at Reading and Fulham, Rovers blew a two goal lead to draw 2-2 at home to Portsmouth; showing clear inability to show defensive stability. The in form Al-Hawasawi put them one up, which was added to on the fifteen minute mark with a Santa Cruz header. However, Kanu's goal before half time meant the score at the interval was merely 2-1, and Pompey seemed in control. Utake levelled for Pompey shortly after the interval, making Rovers sweat for their draw. Both sides had chances, but even a very late Campbell dismissal couldn't allow Rovers in to force a winner.

The next game was against a red hot Arsenal side at Ewood, a game in which Rovers well and truly capitulated. After an encouraging start, Arsenal scored three goals in 30 minutes to force a 3-0 advantage at half time - a brace from Adebayor and a solitary strike for Eduardo. The fourth and fifth goals came from Eboue and Denilson, making the scoreline a flattering 5-0. Late goals from Al-Hawasawi and Santa Cruz softened the blow, but Rovers wewre left rueing missed chances and shocking defending. Blackburn had 19 shots, Arsenal had 24...hardly that convincing.

400x400_ChristopherSambaNew.jpg

Samba shows his anguish at hammering

It got worse in the next two games. Two 4-1 defeats, away at Villa and cruelly, at rivals Bolton - they'd now done the double over Rovers. Santa Cruz scored in both games, but Rovers were guilty of self destructing defending. Rovers condeded 25 shots in the two games and produced 20, but Rovers's goal difference in the two was shocking. They often went all out attack too early and paid the price. Rovers still sit in 12th place, but are a sorry sight and need a quick revival - starting at home to Everton.

santa-1.jpg

The one positive; but no consolation to him!

leaguetablelalalalnew.jpg

In no mans land

PhilD123

International Coach
Good result against Fulham, not easy going away there.

Anyway,

To the manager - What now, is your target for this season?

Al-Hawasawi - How do you rate the league in comparision to others around the world?

Arshavin - Have you ever considering violent action against your father for passing on the surname?

EDIT: Unlucky in the recent games.

sammiller

Club Cricketer
Arshavin

arsh.jpg

'Shh Phil with your ridiculous question'!
How are you finding it at Ewood park? (besides the weather, which we know is warmer than Russia) Your comments on the club, team, colleagues, and the manager. Do you see yourself remaining here for some time or do you still harbour ambitions of playing for FC Barcelona?

I enjoy it here. The team have been so welcoming to me, and I am enjoying my football. The club is lovely, they are very kind and the banter is fantastic. The manager has been great, he?s played me in every game I?ve been available and shown some real faith in me. On away games I room with Stephen (Warnock), which is scary because his scouse accent is like another language! I roomed with Santa once, but he spent so much time looking in the mirror I thought it could crack! Obviously, Barca is a big club and maybe one day I may play there, but I am currently happy at Blackburn and aim to play here for as long as they want me!

Have you ever considered violent action against your father for passing on the surname?

Haha, good question. I like the name, its special to me as its mine! If this is the surname I have to have I will take it. Anyway, I prefer this to Phil Deasey, what sort of a name is that?! I have never heard Phil in Russia! Arshavin is better than Arseavin!

Miller

How would you rate your team's progress in the season so far? Are you satisfied and what areas are you looking to work on?

I am satisfied with our performance given the difficulties of our start to the season. Recently we have struggled, and a few good results would have seen us pushing closer to the European places now. I think we have made progress, many thought we?d struggle given the Hughes exit, and our tough start did nothing to silence the doubters. However, we kicked on from there and quietly went about our business, winning some tough games. I am looking to work on our defence, as recently we have struggled, conceding too many goals and therefore costing us important games. We also need to be more consistent, as I know we?re a great side on our day. I am satisfied, but feel we could be doing better ? games like Portsmouth should have been won! One plus is that we are still in Europe despite a tough draw, and now we have Stade Rennais in the next round. I definitely feel we can win that game ? the only difficulty is that we?re away in the second leg! Hopefully a good following will roar us on in France!

What now, is your target for this season?

I want to consolidate. I don?t want to set specific targets regarding league position as its unfair pressure to place upon the players. I hope to improve on our current position, and basically finish as high as we can. The top half would be progress for me, as the summer saw many changes at the club and it obviously takes time to adjust. After our start, I thought it?d be lovely just to stay up!! But, in all seriousness, I had faith we would turn it around, and we did!

Al-Hawasawi

malik.jpg

First of all congratulations on your quite brilliant start in the Premier League. How has it been to settle into one of the toughest leagues in the world?

Thankyou. It took me a while to settle in, but now I feel as if I am starting to gain more consistency, scoring plenty of goals. The pace is a lot faster than in Saudi Arabia, but it?s so fun to play in and I feel I am a better player as a result. I am very pleased my form is starting to gain recognition ? it shows that I have improved and also is a result of the teams good form.

How do you rate the league in comparision to others around the world?

This is the best for me. It seems faster, more competitive with amazing fans. Especially compared to Saudi Arabia, this is far and away above it standard wise. I would love to play in England for the rest of my career, as it fits my playing style and has much passion involved.

EDIT: Thankyou for the questions! And Phil I got the Uefa Cup tie wrong when I said Leverkusen! Will explain on MSN!

sammiller

Club Cricketer
Much apologies for the delay.

My laptop broke (after a week:() so its in for repair.

I am not sure if I will lose my data

If I do, thanks for reading everyone and I'll start a new story!

Sorry:noway

sammiller

Club Cricketer
I'm afraid the new laptop is back and the data is gone:(

I am starting a new story, but sorry I couldn't continue this !
Thanks to everyone whos read it, especially the ones who've consistently given me feedback

sammiller

Club Cricketer
Theres nowhere else I thought to post, so

Football Manager is installing, but with serious problems.
And during installation, I get a message asking me if I want to overwrite font.fmf - at one point I got on the game and that was the error message, regarding the font.
However, the problem now is that they cannot authenticate the game disc in time, meaning I can't get on the game. This is the same laptop as before, so why the problems?

Users who are viewing this thread