Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
These are the major broadcasting giants in the world of cricket.So which one is the best. Judge on the parameters- commentarymcoverage quality,matches covered,past record and what have you.

Asian broadcast suck, also I don't like Espn whatever.

Skysports = true cricket...

Sky Sports. Great feeling watching the first morning at Lords there.

Sky Sports for the win! ESPNStar suck butt. So do Nimbus, seriously.

I miss Ten Sports when they used to control broadcasting in all of the subcontinent.

Now Ten Sports only controls Sri Lanka, and sometimes Pakistan.

Super sport of south africa are also good. sky do the production for the west indies home games as well and personally i think they are by far the best.

Much prefer Channel Nine's coverage to Sky, thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the India series. Not seen anything of ESPN Star.

Channel 4's coverage will always rule supreme however, even though they don't (annoyingly) show cricket anymore, but I won't go into that in any detail. ;)

Much prefer Channel Nine's coverage to Sky, thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the India series. Not seen anything of ESPN Star.

Channel 4's coverage will always rule supreme however, even though they don't (annoyingly) show cricket anymore, but I won't go into that in any detail. ;)
I thought Channel 4 were fantastic during the 2005 Ashes, loved the analysis and the way they did it was great.

Currently, I think Channel Nine do a great job, with their layout, music and commentary headed by the great Richie.

Channel 9! Always introducing new technology first (I think...), great quality coverage, commentators always keep things entertaining. How can you go wrong with Richie?

Channel 9 got hotspot before Sky didn't they? I'm not sure...

Never seen anything on ESPN.

I have never seen anything on ESPN Star, unless it was them behind the Asia Cup TV coverage. If it was, I wasn't paying much attention, but I thought the commentators were poor. Everything else was alright.
I see Sky Sports coverage the most, so I would have to say from experience they are the best. The perfect model of a commentary team, all of whom are great friends, easy-on-the-eye, consistent graphics and lots of extra technology.
9, I see in the winter. Their graphics are very good, I liked them before and like them now. They are essentially just the C4 graphics with a paint job. They do have a few dud commentators, although that is hidden slightly by the fact they have Richie Benaud, the single greatest cricket commentator in the world.

Channel 9 for me. Although they and Sky are pretty much the same except for commentators and graphics. They all have the same technology.

ESPN Star by a long way. The commentary (especially for overseas series) is phenominal, as with Everything else.

Chennel Nine and SKY are good too, but i hate how sky always put the bowling speed in miles rather than km.

Ten Sports is also very good.

Neo Cricket is the worst by far - whenever Laxman Shivaramakrishnan or Arun Lal are on commentary I just put it on mute. At the coverage is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread