IPL Chennai Superkings

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Where does it mention that Southee is a replacement? Cricinfo doesnt mention it. Can you give a link to where it says Southee is a replacement for Hilfenhaus, Yudi?

Even Tharanga is not a replacement. Just a new sign-on.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Thanks for that link, Yudi. So our bowling attack has Southee, Morkel, Bollinger as the fast bowling backups. Not bad at all. Initially, Southee and Morkel have to shoulder the bowling until Bollinger arrives. I wish Dhoni tries Yo Mahesh or Ganapathy Vignesh instead of Sudeep Tyagi who was useless in the last edition of the IPL.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wish Dhoni tries Yo Mahesh or Ganapathy Vignesh instead of Sudeep Tyagi who was useless in the last edition of the IPL.
Yo Mahesh played for DD in the previous seasons and was superb. I am really annoyed that they didn't get him back.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I was actually livid that Chennai didnt pursue for Yo Mahesh at the start of IPL itself. He is a local lad, and is a very good bowler (with good pace). He proved during the IPL initial seasons that he can bowl in this format of chaotic scoring rates.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
As far as I know, Southee is for Hilfenhaus and Tharanga is for Bailey. It seems both the Aussie players are injured.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bailey and injured? What does Bailey play these days? Anyways, good replacements (esp. for Bailey since we now get a solid opener to partner Vijay)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
No need for Tharanga tbh. Doesn't look to be in the T20 mould at all for one. The four overseas players should be Morkel, Faf, Southee, and one of either Styris or Randiv imo. Bollinger automatically comes in for the last slot when he is back.

Mukund should partner Vijay. He has been scoring so heavily for the last 3 seasons or so yet I have never seen him play. My cousin's class mate too. Hope he gets a good look in this time around!

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
M Vijay
U Tharanga
Suresh Raina
Faf du Plessis
S Badrinath
MS Dhoni
Albie Morkel
R Ashwin
Sudeep Tyagi/Yo Mahesh
Tim Southee
Shadab Jakati

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I want Faf in the team. He is a livewire fielder, and a more aggressive bat than Styris. Also he is a spinner which can help in subcontinent conditions than Styris who is a medium pacer.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
I would have Styris in place of Faf , that is , if he isn't injured atm .
Faf fu Plessis' bowling figures in his latest T20 match: 4-0-18-3

He is a better all-rounder and fielder in T20s than Styris.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
t20 needs a crisis player at number 5 incase of an early collapse , which is why i recommended Styris .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its good for Chennai to have to choose between Faf and Styris as both can be high value players. Styris will definitely get a go in some games in the tournament, but I see Faf having the bigger impact

Go Chennai! First target is KKR. Yusuf Pathan and Gambhir should be fired out of this orbit.:D

Users who are viewing this thread