Chucking tests don't work

stevie said:
You may as well you a baseball pitcher then and I for one wouldn't want that. Batsmen don't get an unfair advantage if they have a less than sound technique, it tends to hinder them. If a bowler were a chucker, they could get an advantage as they could do more with the ball.

I wouldn't call putting a 15 degree restriction on them enforcing perfection...

Because they have been found guilty of chucking. Why change the rule again just for a few that can't use legal actions?

Botha hasn't been found guilty yet. He has only been reported for having a suspect action. the same as what happend to murali,signh,akhtar,lee,ect. We shall see what the tests show. the people here in SA are convinced he is within the 15 degrees allowed limit.

no wonder they banned poor Shabbir Ahmed for 1year (first time a player banned for chucking in International Cricket ??) !!

Screw all of you. You are just jealous because Murali is a great bowler and Johan Botha is the best spinner we got in South Africa at the moment!

Botha is perfect! I don't see why they report these guys, its just silly. They should hold a vote thing, you know. We, the audience of the match, can log in online and view footage of him bowl and vote whether we think he chucks or not. One vote per IP address, and if a large portion of the general public thinks he bowls fine, he bowls fine.

Last edited:
Yes he also got Ponting out today so shut up aussies

Stefan 99 said:
Botha hasn't been found guilty yet. He has only been reported for having a suspect action. the same as what happend to murali,signh,akhtar,lee,ect. We shall see what the tests show. the people here in SA are convinced he is within the 15 degrees allowed limit.

I wasn't talking directly about Botha in that instant, but those who have been found guilty as the post suggests....

Hmm, well, I will now put my view on the Johan Botha situation forward.

Basically, bowling offy's out the back of the hand is a hard task unless you have the double joint like Murali. However, it can be done within the boundries. But, once you start to tire, thats when the problems occur. The arm lowers and the degree on the angle of the arm gets less.

I bowl a ball that comes out of the back of my hand as an offy myself, but dont suffer from the strains, due to it being a variation ball and not my stock delivary.

Personally I feel his action will be cleared. He just has to work on his stamina to prevent being called.

Adarsh said:
Murali is not a finger spinner. He is a wrist spinner who bowls off spin.

Still doesn't mean he can generate more spin.

A spinner only generates spin from the hand/finger not the arm.

Botha's was/is fine imo.

Throwing definetly helps you get more spin. I've bowled before throwing it, and it spun a ridiculous amount.

To me it appears Botha chucks it, but since he's young hopefully he'll be able to correct his action. But it's mystifying that even throw it appears he throws it, he doesn't get any spin.

One thing which i don't understand is why Botha wasn't reported when he played the ODI's in India but when he plays in Australia he was reported. His action is quite suspicious but it would probably be cleared. Sympathy to him last night in the twenty20 match when about 39000 fans shouted no-ball every time he delivers. I think Aussie fans should grow up and they are really displaying a bad image to Australian cricket. Murali also suffers the same taunts but he is a talented enough to shut the spectators mouth's with taking wicktes. This is another negative thread by Jarryd, do you ever post something which is positive in this forum and something which is not against Australia and its players.

Users who are viewing this thread