The off-break:
Avg.
Speed 95.8 98.6 92.5 92.88 95.0
Elbow ext. 12.9 14.1 13.0 11.4 12.9

Ok, so maybe I was wrong....

That almost sounded like an admission jarry? :D

andrew_nixon said:
Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just want to clarify this - Chanderpaul wasn't the only bowler found to be bowling with a legal action. It was Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Luckily the Batsman don't have any tests for smashing the ball, or else we would have seen (Afridi, Dhoni, Gilcrist etc...) having problems with ICC :D.

Adarsh said:
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just want to clarify this - Chanderpaul wasn't the only bowler found to be bowling with a legal action. It was Ramnaresh Sarwan.

I knew it was one of those two, got the wrong one! Doh!

This testing issue has grown old, really fast. He's been cleared can't it just be left at that?

Also fans claiming that certain players are 'chuckers' are morons. Most don't even know what they are looking for, yet alone how to spot it and determine whether it is legal or not. It's all just media based propaganda.

MUFC1987 said:
Also fans claiming that certain players are 'chuckers' are morons. Most don't even know what they are looking for, yet alone how to spot it and determine whether it is legal or not. It's all just media based propaganda.

I'd bet most of them don't know what the rule on a legal action actually is. Even Ross Emerson, who called Murali in a ODI once, still thinks the rule says that it is illegal to bowl with a bent arm. And he's an umpire.

andrew_nixon said:
I'd bet most of them don't know what the rule on a legal action actually is. Even Ross Emerson, who called Murali in a ODI once, still thinks the rule says that it is illegal to bowl with a bent arm. And he's an umpire.
That's my main gripe with it all. Most people don't have a clue. Technically if an Umpire things it look suspicious then they call it and they should. But people from the media and fans saying that he chucks is a load of rubbish.

Exactly. People seem to think that umpires are not allowed to call bowlers for chucking anymore. They are, they just have to be 100% sure. If someone comes up and delivers the ball like a baseball pitch, the umpires going to call it.

But if there is the slightest doubt, they don't call it, and it goes on report. Seems a perfectly fair way to do things in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread