Clarke and Katich involved in Dressing Room Brawl

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just heard on Sky from Ian Ward, that news from the Aussie papers is that Vice Captain Michael Clarke has had a physical altercation with Simon Katich in the SGC dressing room. Not sure of the details as I don't have a link, but certainly interesting, and certainly piles un-necessary extra pressure on the Australian's. A nice dressing room bust up with 2 of their best Test players is just what England need =D

Edit: Here's the article from Fox Sports and the link:

AUSTRALIAN cricket plunged deeper into crisis with the revelation that vice-captain Michael Clarke and Simon Katich were embroiled in a physical altercation in the SCG dressing-rooms after the Sydney Test last month.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the pair had to be separated by stunned teammates when Katich grabbed Clarke by the throat during an argument over the singing of the team song.

It is understood Clarke had wanted the song sung early in celebrations so he could leave the rooms to be with family and model girlfriend Lara Bingle. The incident occurred just hours after the side's thrilling 103-run win over South Africa.

Link

Interesting story that, thought by the way Ian Ward said it that it happened in the last few days, but it's still not exactly what Australia need atm.

Last edited:
Thats the opposite of what Australia need at the moment leading up to a series in South Africa and the Ashes, though England look like they aren't doing too well atm either.

The team song is a very important part of Australian cricket, and everyone regards it highly. Being chosen as the one to lead the team song is a huge honour. Not sure how it got to the point of physical altercation though.

Shows that the convict gene is still going strong in the Aussies and they can't resist fighting with each other ;)

Clarke is in the right here. Sex>a song. Except for that jizz in my pants song. That's great.

haha that's funny. Over a song. Is our song our national anthem? because if it was, i wouldn't be in a hurry to sing it :p

No it's not the National Anthem. You guys obviously don't know what the team song means. I don't either, but I have an idea after reading all those Australian Cricket books. They talk about it so high and Ponting talked about how emotional Langer was when Ponting passed on the leading of the team song to him.

CLARKE NEEDS TO GO HIS IS THE CANCER OF THE SIDE IVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR AWHILE

Katich is a gimp shane harwood almost killed him in the tunnel of the mcg last season before team mates pulled him away.

Just one of those things that occur in life, both have moved passed it and seem to be getting along again.

They both say they have already moved on. I'm not sure if that is truth but I think it would be. Liek Mark Taylor said today, your spending 9 months with pretty much the same guys in the same room, your not always going to see eye to eye. I just presume this was a big misunderstanding. I'm sure it won't change the minds of Cricket Australia about Clarke being the next Australian captain.

The reason is that Lara Bingle voted for Katich as the hottest male in the AB Medal functions.

The song is Under the southern cross I stand. It's the team song for the Aussie cricket team.

Under the Southern Cross I stand,

A sprig of wattle in my hand,

A native of my native land,

Australia, you f---ing beauty.

Teams songs are gay

they are only good in afl

Users who are viewing this thread