Classic matches for the next version?

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As you all know there is news of the release of a newer BLIC by the 2007 World Cup. In addition to the classic matches that are available to play in the current version of BLIC, what would you add? Since the last classic match in the current version is the ICC Champions Trophy final, the list should only include matches played since.

Here are my picks off the top of my head:

• The first test match between Pakistan and India where Akmal and Razzaq saved the match for Pakistan.
  • The fourth ODI between Pakistan and India in which Tendulkar scored a great century, and Inzamam's heroics won the match for his team on the last ball.
  • The fourth Border-Gavasker Trophy test match between India and Australia where the Indian spinners bowled to a 13 run victory.
  • Natwest series, 3rd ODI between England and Australia where Pietersen hit 91 off 65 balls to do the impossible.
  • The Edgbaston test from the 2005 Ashes where England won by 2 runs or the Trent Bridge test where they won by three wickets.
Anything that I missed?

jonese26

School Cricketer
None of these really warrant "classic" status, like the ones in blic currently, except for the edgbaston test.

Autobahn

School Cricketer
Dunedin 1980 - When a part-time New Zealand side beat the West indies in a very close test

Headingley 1981 - Duh!

Headingley 1991 - First time England had won against the west indies since 1969

Madras 1978-79 - When Kapil Dev rescued India at 84 for 6 against the west indies.

India v Australia 2001

The other Tied Test Madras 1986

Melbourne 1987-88

Bridgetown 1999

Antigua 2004

Kolkata 2001

Old Trafford 1956 (jim laker's 19 wickets)

to name a few...

andy82

Club Cricketer
The 2nd, 3rd & 4th tests of the ashes are all classic and should be in their ;)

nightprowler10

Executive member
nightprowler10 said:
Since the last classic match in the current version is the ICC Champions Trophy final, the list should only include matches played since.
Would to like to revise those lists Autobahn and Maxkarter?

Autobahn

School Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
Would to like to revise those lists Autobahn and Maxkarter?

Nope. Since i don't see why there should a stupid limit like that.

Are you seriously suggesting that the 1981 Headingley test isn't classic? :eek:

Plus if it's released near the World Cup wouldn't the tense 1992 World Cup final be a good choice?

Plus having teams from past eras allows you to learn about older players and helps develop the history of cricket.

Plus i can't see why you imposed that limit.

nightprowler10

Executive member
I put the limits there because that is the whole purpose of this thread. I wanted to see what people might think would qualify as classic matches since the ICC Champions Trophy final last year. The topic of classic matches throughout history has been beaten to death.

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
The Australia v India game a few years ago where India were forced to follow on and Laxman & Dravid saved the game and won..... one of the classic tests of the modern era. Devistating for us Aussies though :P

Users who are viewing this thread