Commonwealth Bank Series

Australia don't look in a very commanding position. Looks a little weaker without Symonds. Hodge doesn't seem to have any confidence yet and Ponting just getting those singles. This run-rate is going to blow out to 8 soon.

every time i support someone they play rubbish! I finally start supporting Australia and they play badly :mad

Last edited:
There we go a boundary at long last from Punter, very nice shot too :)
As long as he and Hodge are still there around the 40 over mark we got a chance.

Lol that was smart play by Ponting there.

If Ponting and Hodgae are in by the last 10 you would expect them to chase anything up to 100 in the last 10 overs

So, the required rate is under 8 now and with Hussey still to come, I'd back Aussies to win thin now. Although Bond still has overs left.

What makes the current situation worse is Vettori is keeping it so tight and Hodge has that constant feeling inside of him that makes him think that if he gets out now then he could miss out on a WC spot.

It's been pretty good batting. It's well known that the drop-in surfaces used at the MCG and Docklands can make chases tough. Just looking at the surface, it's apparent that one of the keys to a successful chase was always going to be negating Vettori.

At last Hodge hits a boundary :happy
Been a good steady knock from him today, hopefully this has got him set to launch some biggies soon.

108 off 78. Still can go steady for a while longer. Hodge needs one of his domestic game form right now!

Users who are viewing this thread