Commonwealth Bank Series

Great to see Hodge finally showing his ability. 1 big over could take this away from the New Zealanders. This partnership has been great

Ponting is still there so if he stays there for long enough that deficit should be smaller. Hodge probably will be the anchor to relieve some pressure on him and let the new batters bat around him.

Yes. Things are going solidly fine here for the aussies. With the current rate of runs they're going...this could be close as long as Ponting doesn't get out. He need to stay there as least most of Innings which would ease the pressure for the upcoming middle and lower order batsmans to be able to claim victory.

great 6 by ponting. coming just when the need it. Australia should do this now. Hodge and Ponting both look brilliant

Cracking shot from Ponting. If you can't play with Vettori then play against him! Then Hodge gets a sneaky edge for 4! Gotta love these parts of the game.

Those first ball 4s really help, no need to take a risk the rest of the over. Kiwis misfielding at the wrong time too, giving away 2s now.

I think i'd back Australia from here. Told ya Ponting was the key. Why wouldn't the best batsman in the world be. He looks in trouble with his hip at times though.

Congrats Hodge well made 50, hopefully this means more of that domestic form in ODI.
Yep Ponting was the key he cooled down Hodge and keep the board ticking over.

What a flip around the corner by Hodge.

What a cracking cover drive by Hodge this time to the fence. Looks like the number 5 spot has once again made a career for someone.

Keep up Ponting ;) There is that domestic hitting from Hodge.

This is Hodge with confidence. I would be worried if I were Watson. Hodge trying to get a century before Ponting!

Users who are viewing this thread