Competition's future....

What do we do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm proposing three options for everyone to choose from, majority vote decides what we do. Griffo brought up the point of ending this competition this season, which would stop it from running into next season, from there we'd start afresh and promotion/demotion would occur as the tables stand, also, Everton would win it.

Second option is we carry on as planned, spill over into next season, and the top 2 in division 1 go into a final play-off to decide the winner.

Third option is basically the same, but goes along the initial schedule, which would mean the top 4 in division one go into play-off's until there is a winner.

Whatever the outcome, everyone entered in for this season, will still be participating next season unless they decide to pull out.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I think the first option is fairest for everyone not in the top 4 of division one. I can't speak for Zain etc. But I for one will be planning on going as far as I can in the BT cup, if play offs are added it will hold everyone up.

However teams have been playing under the assumption that the top 4 would have a play-off, and planned accordingly.

I would like to be declared winners, but it shouldn't really be up to me, should it?

Highlander999

ICC President
I also think that if you sign up, you play. None of this crap of where people sign up and then halfway through decide to play their own comp

zainawan89

International Cricketer
I think the first option is fairest for everyone not in the top 4 of division one. I can't speak for Zain etc. But I for one will be planning on going as far as I can in the BT cup, if play offs are added it will hold everyone up.

However teams have been playing under the assumption that the top 4 would have a play-off, and planned accordingly.

I would like to be declared winners, but it shouldn't really be up to me, should it?

i was one of those teams planning to finish in top 4 and then trying my best in play-offs...
but as my plan is also to go for a long run in BT Cup.. the fairest option for all the people would be the first one.

but for next season plan as if we only hav 9 weeks to play as i dont think top teams will get out of cup before tht...

zainawan89 added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

P.S. the winner of the top league should be declared the champion...

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
I only left because the comp was crap, nowhere near the fun between me and the other sides like last time

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Seeing as a whole 8 teams have voted, and most want this to end early, I'll let this poll run until tonight, result of the poll is final.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I only left because the comp was crap, nowhere near the fun between me and the other sides like last time

I think people leave the comp because it is too long and want to play friendlies against other sides. I liked it when we played 3/4 games per comp then promoted/demoted. That way you could play games against other teams and it was over quickly.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
The groups must change every 3 rounds with one going up and one going down.. it worked perfectly, offered the chance to play the strength of team you wanted as well as a change in competition every now and again... I think we should have 3 rounds of 3 matches and leave 1 week for a final

Activity seemed to be a problem last season.. it left alot of teams bored (including myself) maybe splitting the comp into a stronger and weaker sector wouldnt be such a bad idea again..

In way of the teams playing i think we should be able to exclude teams which have a past history of inactivness.. even if the competition is alot smaller it will be a much more rewarding process

This season im more than willing to help out, ive had my time away from the organisational part and i wanna get back into making this competition as fun if not more fun than it once was

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
You need me in your competition...

to give everyone an easy win. Hey, I only have 2 players under prof. 1 of them being a 17 year old resp. ;)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
You nearly lost to a n00b at the weekend, smart-arse :p

I could argue that I rested the most players I could (for pf preservation) without losing, seeing how narrow the margin of victory was.

Although having a full XI play < 10 overs would have been better, probably.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The groups must change every 3 rounds with one going up and one going down.. it worked perfectly, offered the chance to play the strength of team you wanted as well as a change in competition every now and again... I think we should have 3 rounds of 3 matches and leave 1 week for a final

That is exactly what my favourite style of the competition is. Plus that week for a final could be used to play games against other teams, possibly not on PC.

Users who are viewing this thread