Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

Oh, I'm not really bothered about the on-disk players, heh. I would guess a "5" would be saved for your key players. Your Clarkes, Cooks, McCullums, Tindoolkars...

Best laugh I've had all week ;)

I'm going to begin the attributes/linking process for the Aus Domestic teams this weekend.

Israr/blocker, I might have a couple of questions just to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Last edited:
I tried to do it with a straight face...

Problem is you can't get them to a 5 without way overskilling certain aspects... I've highlighted spin bowling, but it's the same with seamers and batting. Unless everything is high, you aint getting them past 3.

...which is probably a fair reflection of reality, I would say? How many international players would be rated "5 out of 5" in a cricket team? One, maybe two max...

...which is probably a fair reflection of reality, I would say? How many international players would be rated "5 out of 5" in a cricket team? One, maybe two max...

In that case it would still be nice to get players to a "4'.

So blocker, are you interpreting the helmet as;

A player with a '1' helmet and a max 'off spin' rating (for example) will spin the ball less than a '5' helmet and a max 'off spin' rating.

Despite the rating of the attribute being the same (both players have it maxed out), there is a difference driven by the helmet rating?

Last edited:

A player with a '1' helmet and a max 'off spin' rating (for example) will spin the ball less than a '5' helmet and a max 'off spin' rating.

Despite the rating of the attribute being the same (both players have it maxed out), there is a difference driven by the helmet rating?

I think both will spin the ball just as much. The helmet number reflects the overall quality of the bowler. As an example, an average player can be just as good as a kallis when it comes to cover shots but doesn't mean he is overall as good of a batsman as kallis.

Regarding allrounders, they seem to have different "scales" in the game from the rest. All rounders are purely getting rated as how good of an all rounder he is. Which can be a pain in the ass if the AI looks at broad as an allrounder and compares him to the rest of the allrounders in the roster and picks someone else instead of broad, as the team wants just one allrounder in the team.

So you think the helmet is purely aesthetic and acts like an 'overall rating' that you see in games like FIFA or NBA 2k?

It can be aesthetic if you are playing online or locally with other players.

My concern is how much the AI takes the helmet rating in account. For example, if the ai wants one allrounder in The team, would it choose kallis and then completely drop the likes of duminy, robin peterson and philander whose helmet rating is lower but they are decent batsman/bowler by their own right? I hope get my concern.

I'm sure you can get around that by simply setting default squads in the manager. Right down to having "A" squads and so on...

Yeah that's the exact crux if the question I have been asking for months. Are they same or differ according to helmet rating. If the same, how does helmet rating affect things.
Biggs is right a 5 is rare. At the same time, plenty of 4 or 5 bowlers do not have at least 70% skill In every delivery, which the game appears to insist on.
And as Israr points out, it'd be good to know if the AI will use the default lineups we set, or select a line up according to helmet ratings, or what?

This isn't a "when's the release date" question, just genuine queries to get help get the community as good a selection of accurate linked teams to download that will play reasonably well day one. I don't understand why securing an answer like getting blood from a stone.

Ross, do you or Mikey have any comment on the video i posted above, as it contradicts what Mikey was saying to Matt in one of the videos from yesterday?

is it a bug, a result of CA being standalone, or something else? because this clearly shows you need a high rating on every delivery to get higher helmet rating than 3.

Is there any way to reset teams back to the original disc ones, as I've managed to end up with a load of teams/players without skills (my own fault) and it would be easier to start from scratch.

Last edited:
Is there any way to reset teams back to the original disc ones, as I've managed to end up with a load of teams/players without skills (my own fault) and it would be easier to start from scratch.

Documents>my games>dbc 14.

Make sure you create a backup of the folder incase something goes wrong later. Now delete the dbc 14 folder.

Start cricket academy and everything will go back to default.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Users who are viewing this thread